Author Topic: Help :(  (Read 11652 times)

eirikc

Help :(
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:08:13 am »
Hi have purchased GSX for about 15 minutes ago, but i cant see gsx in the addon window in fsx,, i have run the module and all but nothing.. what is wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help :(
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:19 am »
There's no GSX menu. You should only have the Addon Manager and the Couatl product menus. GSX is controlled entirely with a single Hotkey (CTRL+F12 by default, but you can change it)

eirikc

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:21 am »
thanks, but nothing happens when i press ctrl+f12 ? and i dont have the Couatl product menus in my fsx..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:21:49 am by eirikc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:06 am »
thanks, but nothing happens when i press ctrl+f12 ? and i dont have the Couatl product menus in my fsx..

Do you have the Addon Manager at least ? If yes, most likely explanation is the antivirus has blocked it, so you try this:

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Download and Install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check FSX starts correctly, and you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

eirikc

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:57 am »
Yes i have the addon manager, and i dont have antivirus software installed on my computer...

eirikc

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »
Any more help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:06:19 pm »
Have you installed GSX and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

eirikc

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 02:09:00 pm »
yes i have...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:31 pm »
Then, if your are *really* sure you don't have an antivirus (but then you can't be sure you don't have a real *virus* that might have corrupted our execuatble), it means your Windows install it's probably missing some libraries that are preventing it to run.

Have you been ASKED at least permission to run the Couatl program ? If yes, have you replied YES to this ?

eirikc

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:14:33 pm »
yes when i started fsx i accepted the module to start. but the only thing i have in addons menu is the addon manager and in the addon manager it says GSX is activated...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 02:16:42 pm »
yes when i started fsx i accepted the module to start. but the only thing i have in addons menu is the addon manager and in the addon manager it says GSX is activated...

With "the module" you mean the COUATL scripting engine ? There are TWO modules with question being asked, it's not clear from your reply if you have been asked permission to run BOTH and you replied Yes to BOTH.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation, the Couatl menu should be there even without any activation, because otherwise nothing would obviously work in Trial mode.

eirikc

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
Looks like i am missing COUATL.exe in the fsdreamteam directory... i tried to uninstall both the gsx and addon manager but when i install now COUATL.exe isnt in the directory and when i start fsx it didnt ask if i want to run COUATL.exe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »
The Couatl.exe file is supposed to be in the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

If you don't have it there, then it's *sure* the antivirus has removed it while it was installed, mistakenly flagged it as a threat.

eirikc

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 02:40:16 pm »
Solved :) thanks for a great software, it was my antimalware software that had blocked it.. didnt think it would do as it is not a antivirus software...