Author Topic: GSX/AES  (Read 25516 times)

fontaine32

GSX/AES
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:04 am »
Hello, I tried to use the trick in the other post to disable all doors except for the front cabin door in AES, the follow me works fine, but now I have two marshallers and all the gsx vehicles disappear when approaching the gate.. Am I missing something or are they not compatible together? I'd like to keep AES for the jetways, but get rid of the marshaller.. The AES vehicles no longer appear (which is good) but the baggage, fuel truck, etc don't show up in GSX.. Thanx in advance for any help..

fontaine32

Re: GSX/AES
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:56 am »
I tested with PMDG NGX..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:35:42 am »
Not tested, but in theory the AES Marshaller might disappear if you create entirely transparant textures for it.

However, the real solution would be some modification to AES, that would create its own vehicles only when you start an operation with it, not just by pressing its hotkey.

See a message of mine about the possible ways of using them together:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4816.msg44541#msg44541

fontaine32

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:05:42 pm »
 I just deactivated some airports that I use AES with and it GSX works great except for the goofy fsx gate animation.. I saw you have possible plans to make animated jetways, this product would take the cake with that addition.. Thanx for the response.. If anyone can think of a way to mod AES for now just to use gate animation, that would be great, maybe I'll dig in myself.. Cheers..

Wuzz

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »
which 3rd Party Airports use the default jetways? So by turning off AES at these airports everything with GSX would work fine wouldn't it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »
I heard UK2000 uses proper native FSX jetways. Kudos to them...

B777ER

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »
Ya, this sucks. Seems like the two marshaller issue and some other issues make using aes and gsx together a pain. I doubt Oliver will do anything to assist in users trying to use gsx with aes as they are competing products.  Looks like for me gsx for now is only good for airports without aes until the jetway animation can be handled by gsx (and no Umberto, I am not going to use that crap fsx default jetway movement)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:44:35 pm by B777ER »
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:12 pm »
As I've said:

Not tested, but in theory the AES Marshaller might disappear if you create entirely transparant textures for it.

This might be worth trying.

If Oliver Pabst will decide to oppose to any possible integration between the two products together, it would be a silly move and against his users. We purposely designed some aspects of GSX in order not intrude with AES (nothing appears automatically until you choose to *do* something with it), it should be expected he'll do the same, considering how much money some users already spent on it.

But I'm positive he'll do something about it, since he promised to look into it as soon as GSX was out.

fontaine32

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
Well to be honest, now that I have GSX, AES doesn't even come close with the other animations.. I spent a lot on AES credits, but I'd abandon it in a heartbeat if the Jetways worked in GSX correctly.. I'm sure others would as well.. But since you stated that Oliver is looking into it, guess we'll have the best of both worlds..

Gerwil

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
AES jetways works just fine with GSX when the jetways are well animated (FSX style) by the developer when they developed their airport. As an example, LEBL by Simwings doesn't have FSX animated jetways, so the AES jetway version of it didn't work. EGPH by UK2000 has FSX animated jetways and so the AES version did work perfectly with GSX.

I made a vehicle transparent once just to test if it would be possible. AES uses the FS2004 style of texturing. So the AES marshaller can be made transparent but everything behind him (except ground and clouds :) will have his contour cut-out also.

At this moment i leave him as he is. He is not standing in the way :)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:10:48 pm by Koyaan »

FlyNext

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 07:17:17 pm »
There is a simple solution for using both together perfectly except the marshaller everything works as i want.

I did the following with my little NGX

I have deselected all doors except 1L for the Jetway so no vehicles will come up the only thing you now use with AES is: Jetway and the Marshaller next to the front wheel.
Than i have just started to use GSX features and everything worked perfectly together! Do not request pushback vehicle of AES since the GSX has pwned my miles (i just tested it on KLAX and PHNL) i will OFC buy it soon as possible!

suavi.akar

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »
Hello, I tried to use the trick in the other post to disable all doors except for the front cabin door in AES, the follow me works fine, but now I have two marshallers and all the gsx vehicles disappear when approaching the gate.. Am I missing something or are they not compatible together? I'd like to keep AES for the jetways, but get rid of the marshaller.. The AES vehicles no longer appear (which is good) but the baggage, fuel truck, etc don't show up in GSX.. Thanx in advance for any help..

Hello,

I have the same issue in Aerosoft sceneries (actually I have just tested Munich and Barcelona El Prat so far) I bought the GSX a couple of hours ago and start testing in different sceneries. It works great in default and freeware sceneries, but there is this glitch in Aerosoft sceneries with AES. I did exactly the following:

There is a simple solution for using both together perfectly except the marshaller everything works as i want.

I did the following with my little NGX

I have deselected all doors except 1L for the Jetway so no vehicles will come up the only thing you now use with AES is: Jetway and the Marshaller next to the front wheel.
Than i have just started to use GSX features and everything worked perfectly together! Do not request pushback vehicle of AES since the GSX has pwned my miles (i just tested it on KLAX and PHNL) i will OFC buy it soon as possible!

However, when I started GSX by Ctrl+F12 and select any service, required service vehicles appear initially but disappear later when they enter the gate area. This is only applicable to vehicles, GSX marshaller still visible all the time (even the towbarless tractor he is standing on is not visible so it looks like a levitation show  :)) When I request catering for example catering trucks approach to the aircraft but just after getting in line with the tail while maneuvring to the door they disappear and service is not delivered. In case of pushback, Service is delivered with an invisible tractor. In a boarding/deboarding request, rear stair, luggage train and pushback tractor which their initial positions already in the gate area just blink once when requested

Regarding the comments of "FlyNext", this may not be a problem in FSDT sceneries, but in Aerosoft ones there might be an interoperability issue. Assuming that majority of AES users would like to use both product together, I would like to report the issue in detail. Of course, if somebody offers a bypass I will be more than happy.

By this opportunity I would like to thank FSDT people for their great contribition to FSX world.

Best regards,
Suavi Akar

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 05:12:35 pm »

To quote a currently running commercial... "so 37 seconds ago!"  That trick was discovered during our beta testing.  The only caveat is it only works with aircraft that are internally supported within GSX, a thread listing them is pinned to the top of this forum.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

suavi.akar

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »

To quote a currently running commercial... "so 37 seconds ago!"  That trick was discovered during our beta testing.  The only caveat is it only works with aircraft that are internally supported within GSX, a thread listing them is pinned to the top of this forum.

Probably, i couldn't understand your point. I tried with NGX which is claimed as the most supported by virtuali. So, I appreciate if you clarify.

Best regards,
Suavi

JamesChams

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 05:52:03 pm »
Everyone,

Just a suggestion:
One thing I would like to mention to you guys, since Mr. Pabst has made several underlining changes to his product, is that NONE of you are mention the version of AES you are using; assuming that you all are NOT using the latest one of course ... but, if you are using the current version (AES v2.21 as of Feb. 2nd '2012) then you might want to indicate it in order to help both FSDT and Aerosoft to co-ordinate their efforts, since both products are going to go through a series of changes in the next few months to address these issues.

I have both products, as well, and will have the same issues as most of you.
I'm using AES v2.21 as of today (Feb. 2nd '2012).

Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:53:54 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams