Author Topic: Suggestions for GSX  (Read 7714 times)

barfra1995

Suggestions for GSX
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:01:52 am »
I downloaded the demo about an hour or so ago (couldn't by it because my CC has not been working at all lately) and after trying it with a friend, we came up with a couple of suggestions:

1- Could you add a menu or some interface where you could select how long the services would last? For example, for me, the boarding, deboarding, loading and unloading are too fast. Maybe we could choose whether we want it to last 5 minutes or 10 minutes, depending on the size of the plane. Say, if it's a heavy, boarding will last 20 minutes. If it's a medium size airplane, it would last 10 minutes. And so on.

2- I noticed the refueling truck works pretty much like the default FSX one. It comes from somewhere, stops by the plane, opens FSX's load manager, and when you close it, it simply goes away. Coudn't you also put an option in that menu I mentioned above to force the fuel truck to stay there for 5 minutes, just to pretend it's fuelling the plane?

3- Can you add an option for us to choose whether or not we want people walking from the stairs to the bus in case we've parked in a spot with no jetway? It would be nice to have a couple of folks walking outside while boarding or deboarding. I understand having 100 people walking around the scenery would have a massive impact in framerates, but adding a few folks wouldn't be bad really...

I think that's it for now. I have to say, though, that I really enjoyed the product demo. It's working perfectly. I wonder why any other developer (Aerosoft aside) made this kind of product before. I don't see myself flying airliners without it anymore. You made a great job with it. The marshallers doesn't have that robotic motion. Everything works fine, in perfect harmony. Can't wait for the eventual expansion packs you may release for it.
Regards,
Matheus de Barros

Orion

Re: Suggestions for GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:13 am »
Regarding 1 and 2, see page 19 of the manual.  There's a segment on customizing GSX in exactly the way you describe.  I'm not sure about 3, you'll have to wait for FSDT's response on that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:10:06 am »
1- Could you add a menu or some interface where you could select how long the services would last? For example, for me, the boarding, deboarding, loading and unloading are too fast. Maybe we could choose whether we want it to last 5 minutes or 10 minutes, depending on the size of the plane. Say, if it's a heavy, boarding will last 20 minutes. If it's a medium size airplane, it would last 10 minutes. And so on.

Read the manual, there's a paragraph named "Customizing GSX", that deals exactly with that. Right now you'll have to edit a text file, we might add a GUI later on, but you can customize operation times as you wish.

Note that, times factors are ALREADY proportional to the number of passengers and/or the amount of fuel loaded, this is also explained in the manual.

2- I noticed the refueling truck works pretty much like the default FSX one. It comes from somewhere, stops by the plane, opens FSX's load manager, and when you close it, it simply goes away. Coudn't you also put an option in that menu I mentioned above to force the fuel truck to stay there for 5 minutes, just to pretend it's fuelling the plane?

See above, refueling time is customizable too, and it's proportional to the amount of gallons of fuel you loaded, which obviously is the difference from the fuel you had on board *before* opening the FSX Load manager, and the fuel you had *after* closing it. If you don't load any more fuel than what you already had, the refuel truck will go away immediately.

It would be nice to have a couple of folks walking outside while boarding or deboarding. I understand having 100 people walking around the scenery would have a massive impact in framerates, but adding a few folks wouldn't be bad really...

Performance considerations apart, from a purely technical point of view, the difficulty of doing a single animated passenger able to climb/descend stairs seamlessly and adapt to any airplane/stairs and Bus combination, it's the same than doing 100s of them...but animated passengers are surely on the horizon for future versions.

The marshallers doesn't have that robotic motion. Everything works fine, in perfect harmony. Can't wait for the eventual expansion packs you may release for it.

Thank you, then animations are so much better, because the product was developed for FSX only, which allows an entirely different kind of animation (bones+skinned meshes), which is far more realistic than what was available for FS9.

barfra1995

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:42:56 am »
Sorry for not reading the manual, Umberto. I know I should have done so, but it's late here and I'm wuite tired, so I wasn't really feeling like reading at all. I'll remeber that the next time I have such comments to make  ;D. Anyway, thanks for the quick answer. I'll read the manual by tomorrow. Again, great job with GSX.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:48:15 am by barfra1995 »
Regards,
Matheus de Barros

hendopow

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:30:35 am »
Hey Umberto,

I was messing around with GSX with Matheus and it is freaking!! Amazing!!.

I've tried it out with the NGX and it works fine. However I changed to the MD-11 and it gave me the same small pushback tractor and I couldn't see the marshaller from over my dashboard by the time I needed to stop.
I'm reading through the manual and to where I'm up to I haven't read anything about these yet. Is there something I haven't read or missed?

Cheers,
Hendo

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:57 am »
Umberto love gsx so far my memory is foggy right now but what happened to the Cargo Loaders for the aircraft like the 767 747 777 etc etc Don't remember was that for the expansion? also a suggestion regarding when they are 2 catering truck's is there a way to program them coming in and out at different times and not together in sequence. still checking it out again great job.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:10:23 am »
Umberto love gsx so far my memory is foggy right now but what happened to the Cargo Loaders for the aircraft like the 767 747 777 etc etc Don't remember was that for the expansion?

What we would really like to do, is to do a GSX expansion product, that will add specific Cargo vehicles and operations, so we can make it in the proper way.

also a suggestion regarding when they are 2 catering truck's is there a way to program them coming in and out at different times and not together in sequence. still checking it out again great job.

It's already like that, there are already several randomization factors, but the issue is, since they don't do exactly the same path (the one in the rear has a shorter path to travel) it's possible, depending on the airplane size, parking size and airport paths, that the rear catering "catches up" with the first one, nullifying the initial randomization.

We could probably increase the delay, and it's something very easy for us to fine tune, and very easy for users to get, thanks to the Live Update feature.