Author Topic: Lost Airport Buildings  (Read 39294 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost Airport Buildings
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 12:40:07 am »
Have you uninstalled by replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

If yes, have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it ?

If no, uninstall again and be sure you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?", and note if you are asked permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it

If you are, try to do also a Couatl.log too, as explained before.

nigelgrant

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 02:23:28 am »
Have you uninstalled by replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

YES both times

If yes, have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it ?

YES but also asked to run the AddonManager

If no, uninstall again and be sure you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?", and note if you are asked permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it

If you are, try to do also a Couatl.log too, as explained before.

No buildings and no coualt menu options.

But there are entries in the MODULES section of the FSX.cfg file for both the ADDON manager and couatl

The couatl log is shortened again, seems to stop at bglmanx, here is its entry

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Wed Feb 08 17:11:54 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 05:48:00 pm »
We are reading your message, no need to bump anything, we are trying to figure out your problem, which is quite unusual.

nigelgrant

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »
We are reading your message, no need to bump anything, we are trying to figure out your problem, which is quite unusual.

thx, Umberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »
Could you check if you have two copies of the Couatl.exe process in the Task Manager ?

nigelgrant

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 10:25:23 pm »
Could you check if you have two copies of the Couatl.exe process in the Task Manager ?

There is no Couatl.exe process showing in the Task Manager when I put FSX in windowed mode; I try starting Couatl.exe directly through a shortcut on the desk-top with FSX in windowed mode, and there is still no Couatl.exe process showing in the Task Manager (nor is there any Couatl entry in the addon manager menu bar of FSX).

Do the logs show what might be stopping it to start?

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
Keep the Taskmanager open, launch FSX and try to not if Couatl.exe launches at least for a brief moment.

Or, try to enable The Simconnect diagnostic mode: open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

nigelgrant

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 05:01:16 am »
Keep the Taskmanager open, launch FSX and try to not if Couatl.exe launches at least for a brief moment.

Or, try to enable The Simconnect diagnostic mode: open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

Umberto

Attached are two screen shots - first is the Task Manager - couatl.exe appeared for about 2 seconds; second is the first pasge of the Simconnect log.  Hope they tell you something!

Nigel
Vancouver

nigelgrant

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:04 am »

Umberto

Attached are two screen shots - first is the Task Manager - couatl.exe appeared for about 2 seconds; second is the first pasge of the Simconnect log.  Hope they tell you something!

Nigel
Vancouver

Here is the first screen shot, they were too large for a single upload
Nigel

nigelgrant

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 04:48:58 pm »

[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Umberto

Nigel
Vancouver

Umberto

Any progress from these two screen shots I submitted?

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »

They show both the Addon Manager and the Couatl exe loaded. However, your Couatl.exe is not the most current version (2290, it should be 2296) so, either you haven't installed the latest udpate we released 2 days ago. Try that one, and see if it makes any difference.

However, from your screenshots and your logfiles, both programs are running, but they just can't communicate, which seems to indicate something wrong in your Windows installation is happening.

Do you have other entries in your Simconnect.ini file, or you just created from scratch ?

nigelgrant

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »

They show both the Addon Manager and the Couatl exe loaded. However, your Couatl.exe is not the most current version (2290, it should be 2296) so, either you haven't installed the latest udpate we released 2 days ago. Try that one, and see if it makes any difference.

I have 2296 but no change

However, from your screenshots and your logfiles, both programs are running, but they just can't communicate, which seems to indicate something wrong in your Windows installation is happening.

Do you have other entries in your Simconnect.ini file, or you just created from scratch ?

I did a copy and paste of your suggested entry

Everything was working fine until I installed the GSX, then all my buildings disappeared, so something got upset during the installation.  What other areas should I be looking at for commands that might block couatl.exe from operating?

Nigel