Author Topic: Jetways little problem  (Read 7289 times)

james008

Jetways little problem
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:54:30 am »
Hi!

I noticed now, after installing GSX, that the fsdreamteam jetways, when activated through FSX command (ctrl + j, in my case) goes under the ground when attaching t on the airplane, like the picture below..

I'm trying to remember in the past, before GSX, and I think probably this issue was occuring before GSX, but I can't say for sure, because I almost never used, in the past, this jetway command...

does anybody have an idea how to solve this issue?

thanks!

Marcelo Monteiro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways little problem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:01:55 am »
This should really be a FAQ, and I blame myself for not having put in the manual, because it was raised very often while testing.

GSX doesn't control, doesn't interact, doesn't write, doesn't affect and it's not affected by Jetways in every conceivable way!

Jetways will continue to operate as they always did before GSX, GSX will issue a reminder to use the Jetway, but that's just a text message, there's no interaction whatsoever between jetways, other than the basic notion of if that specific parking *has* a Jetway in the first place.

Which is easy if the scenery has FSX-compliant jetways, like our own or all default airports. On 3rd party airports with static jetways, GSX can't possibly know about them, unless we provide a specific customization file for that airport that, in the simplest form it's basically a list of which parking have jetways, since the "fake" ones can't be automatically detected.

So, anything you see with Jetways, has always been like that, and hasn't changed because of GSX.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:52:30 am by virtuali »

james008

Re: Jetways little problem
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:34 am »
Hello Umberto,

after reading your answer, I decided to test the jetway in a default airport (RJAA), and I noticed that by default FSX engine operates them with this error; if I knew this before, I would never post this here :) sorry but only very few times I operated them on another FS Dream Team airport and I was thinking about some related to your wonderfull sceneries, believing that some FSDT archives would be corrupted or incorrectly configurated on my computer; never heard about this in any other FSX forum...

I just have to congratulate all off you for this magnificant add-on, and for all your brilliant sceneries; my mistake this time :)

thinking carefully about this, we easily conclude that a basic problem like this would never be related to this greatfull add-on producer, but surely to the FSX engine, with all its errors!

Regards, thanks and sorry!

Marcelo Monteiro