Author Topic: GSX Released...  (Read 25969 times)

JamesChams

GSX Released...
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:07:29 am »
:o GSX Released... 8)

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

...Its about *bloody* time... ;D

What, NO FS'Whine version??? :P Just kidding!!! ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:18:02 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Re: GSX Released...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:10 am »
Virtuali,

TYPO's:
1. (3rd Paragraph) "Pusrchasing GSX..." Purchasing
2. (4th Paragraph) "GSX offers vehicles in many different types and sizes, depeding on the ..."  depending.
3. (Features) "* Works by with every FSX..." delete "by" as it is NOT grammatically correct..

Question(s):
1. Does GSX work under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?  (Not listed on your product page ???)
2. RE: "Support for full Airport Customization, already enabled with all FSDT sceneries and some 3rd party, allowing better integration with any airport, also to be distributed and installed automatically by the LIve Update feature."  
    a).  What 3rd Party airports are currently supported?
    b). Do you need to purchase GSX (prior) to testing them on those "supported" 3rd party airports?
    c). Will it work with DEMO versions of all FSDT airports as well?
3. Do we need to have the latest airport version to use GSX correctly with it?
4. Can you use GSX with Military aircraft at FSX default military bases like Edwards AFB prior to purchase?

Grazie!  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

NZEddy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:32:46 am »
Wooohoo! Thankyou FSDT! :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:45:02 am »
TYPO's:

I had the spell checked off in Dreamweaver. And it's now 3:34 AM in Italy...

1. Does GSX work under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?  (Not listed on your product page ???)

Yes, of course, it would be silly to assume the contrary, In fact, nobody of us has tested it on anything else that Win 7 x64, but maybe someone of the testers might still have an ancient XP or Vista....

a).  What 3rd Party airports are currently supported?

All them, GSX doesn't need specific "support" for an airport, as long it has an AFCAD with not obvious mistakes in it. Which doesn't mean GSX can't also be *customized* to be perfectly tailored to a specific airport, because it can. Without any customization, you'll have an "automatic" behavior, but every program feature will still work.

When an airport is customized, it will be perfectly integrated with it, so you will not have any conflicts between the scenery objects and GSX vehicles, or might have custom pushback paths with custom messages, vehicles types and models specific to that airport, etc.

b). Do you need to purchase GSX (prior) to testing them on those "supported" 3rd party airports?

The first airport to be fully supported are our own, and GSX works for free there so, that would be the most obvious place to try a "fully supported" 3rd party airport.

c). Will it work with DEMO versions of all FSDT airports as well?

Yes, but after 6 minutes, it will continue to work, in a desert...

3. Do we need to have the latest airport version to use GSX correctly with it?

The only thing that affects GSX it's the AFCAD, and that is downloaded automatically by the GSX installer, because the Live Update feature is extended also to all our airports AFCADs.

4. Can you use GSX with Military aircraft at FSX default military bases like Edwards AFB prior to purchase?

Not in Trial, it will work when purchased, but it's not really designed for military airplanes, let alone for military *operations* (would be quite silly to see Baggage loaders and Catering vehicles with an F-18...)

Scoobe

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:54:27 am »
Does GSX work with Prepar3d?

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 04:04:23 am »

Scoobe

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:27 am »
Sold!!

Thanks

Rob

akair-NorthLinkVA

Re: GSX Released... Path to Docs Please ... Thanx
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:20:11 am »
Hi.....

Nice to see it out .... lol

Umberto ....how about a Direct Path to .... PDF's and/or Docs ...

Bought out-right .... No Demo for ....me Real Licensed Copy ....  for me ... <grins>

I just can't find the Folder with doc's .... ummmm no Short-cut to Desktop ...

Thanx .... Loyal FSDT ... buyer ....

PresEVAIR

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:54 am »
I have no manual in the trial. Should GSX start by itself or are there key commands?

Orion

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:30:44 am »
The manual is a PDF file and is located here: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\gsx\GSX_manual.pdf.

PresEVAIR

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:38:02 am »
Yea Thanks. My falt should realy try reading first lol.

akair-NorthLinkVA

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:49 am »
The manual is a PDF file and is located here: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\gsx\GSX_manual.pdf.

Well .... Many Thanxs ....  ;D

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 07:54:02 am »
Hoo Ya for GSX 8) :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Snprshot3

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:01 am »
I literary Jizzed in my pants when I loaded up GSX. Outstanding Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have a few features down the road but I was wondering about two things. Number 1, will there be a feature so that the baggage cart will operate on both Cargo doors? Number 2, will there eventually be a feature that will you to refuel complex planes like the PMDG planes without having to use their software. Because I know that they say never to use FSX fuel loader and thats what GSX is essentially using. It would be cool to call the fuel truck with a predetermined amount of fuel so that I can watch the gauges fill up, but know that the fuel is being loaded properly into the plane the way PMDG wants it to. Im not complaining though. You could never add another update and I will never complain.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:55 am »
Number 1, will there be a feature so that the baggage cart will operate on both Cargo doors?

We planned it, and it won't be really difficult to add it, the only real issue is that it might be difficult for the loader to maneuver into the usually cramped area close to the forward cargo doors.

Number 2, will there eventually be a feature that will you to refuel complex planes like the PMDG planes without having to use their software.

A Fuel loader is surely planned, not sure the exact reason why PMDG suggests not to use the default one, but in general, *writing* something could be dangerous, right now the interaction between GSX and PMDG is in one direction, so GSX is only *reading* values, so no damage can be done. Writing fuel on an airplane that uses a custom system it's more tricky, perhaps after PMDG releases their SDK, it might be worth looking at.