Author Topic: "Another" No Buildings **solved**  (Read 8032 times)

SlapTjip

"Another" No Buildings **solved**
« on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »
I had a fresh FSX install and does not matter what I do I cannot get the buildings to show up. I don't even get the add-on manager tab to show up in the menu >:(

I always have UAC disabled.

I completely disabled AVG Anti-Virus despite my dislike in doing so. I own lots of other payware and never were I required to disable my anti-virus to get it to work.

I completely disabled my Firewall, same as above, crazy to provide this as a solution.

I first tried installing the LATEST add-manager after installing my Hawaii Vol 1 & 2 + PHNL. No Luck.

I uninstalled FSDT airports and re-installed followed by the add-on manager. No Luck. Rebooting the PC at all time to ensure FSX shut-down.

I even un-installed all FSDT airports, followed by manually deleting anything related to FSDT followed by a re-install. Boots in-between.

I downloaded all 3 products fresh, just incase the 3 previous downloads are broken/old. There goes a big bite out of my cap.

I even got FSX to rebuild the CFG

Here is a picture, I am up to my head with this, a nice product but getting it to work is a living hell of a nightmare.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:33:51 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: "Another" No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07:35 pm »
The addon manager is listed under the addons tab in the menu.  If you don't see it, it didn't properly install and you need to reinstall the scenery.  It also will need to go online and download a lot of other files.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »
I had a fresh FSX install and does not matter what I do I cannot get the buildings to show up. I don't even get the add-on manager tab to show up in the menu >:(

A really "fresh" FSX install will never work, you'll have to install SP1 and SP2 (or acceleration pack) minimum.

I always have UAC disabled.

It won't make any difference if you have it on.

I completely disabled AVG Anti-Virus despite my dislike in doing so. I own lots of other payware and never were I required to disable my anti-virus to get it to work.

Not true, a simple google search for "Flight1 antivirus", returns 150.000 results:

http://www.google.it/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=it&safe=off&source=hp&q=flight1+antivirus&pbx=1&oq=flight1+antivirus&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4157l7963l0l8363l20l12l8l0l0l5l160l1243l6.6l20l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=88ea62510a1afc62&biw=1105&bih=1079

I completely disabled my Firewall, same as above, crazy to provide this as a solution.

Having to turn off firewall is suggested as a solution only if you installed a firewall without knowing how to configure it or, even worse, an additional firewall on top of the default Windows one. The Addon Manager works just fine with the default Windows firewall without any configuration or having to turn it off.

Here is a picture, I am up to my head with this, a nice product but getting it to work is a living hell of a nightmare.

The problem is not obviously the products, but something else in your Windows installation, which we WILL discover now and, after we'll discover what it was, you'll see that it already worked with the installer you had.

First obvious question:

Are you being ASKED permission to run the Addon Manager when FSX starts after installing it ?

SlapTjip

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
Yes, I was asked permission to run the manager after I installed it (assuming this is the block that comes up when loading FSX). I even selected always run software from FSDT.

Running FSX Acceleration...(fresh instalation = FSX+ Accel)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:23:00 pm by SlapTjip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

SlapTjip

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »
Ok I went into Documents/Jacques/Flight Simulator Files

Created a file called SIMCONNECT.INI (Capital letters) and pasted the content as above directly, saved, launched FSX and no report, even launched a flight & still no report.

Maybe simconnect in FSX is broken?

If it means anything I do have an add-on tab with FSUIPC4.

Cant seem to get the error log u are talking about. Must I press a button to bring up a console of some sort?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:26:07 pm by SlapTjip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:37 pm »
Ok I went into Documents/Jacques/Flight Simulator Files

Please not that this folder name might change depending on your language, there are usually two folders related in the Documents folder, one in English, another one in your language, try putting the Simconnect.ini file in both.

You don't have to do anything, if everything is correct, the diagnostic window should appear automatically. Of course, be sure you run FSX in a Window, because it might not be possible to see it in Full Screen Mode.

SlapTjip

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:32 am »
---Edit By Slaptjip---
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:56:20 am by SlapTjip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:51:21 am »
I am sorry, I am not getting the screen with reports as you mentioned.

If you are absolutely sure you did everything correctly, then it's possible your FSX installation has a broken Simconnect, up to a point that it's not even able to *diagnose* itself.

I own each and every FTX products, plenty of aircraft products and never have I come across such a complicated product.

This seems to indicate your Simconnect IS working (because they too need .dll modules installed), so the only possible explanation is that you are not doing something right to enable the diagnostic mode.

I already replied to you in a different thread, and you shouldn't really post twice in two threads about the same issue, since it forces to track (and possibly reply) twice for no reason.

SlapTjip

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am »
I downloaded the GSX installer just as a last resort, ran it and now the buildings is back...well beyond me....running that installer brought back the add-on manger in my menu bar too.

None the less, looks like it is solved now.

My apologies for my stupidity, I am not up to the required standard to engage into serious troubleshooting. I guess I got lucky that the GSX installer fixed what ever is wrong.

Popped CTRL + F12 and even GSX is working at my FSDT airports. Love the catering trucks.

Please close the case, I am off to buy GSX for all my airports.

Sorry for me popping a tantrum behaviour  :'(

;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:14:36 am by SlapTjip »