Author Topic: Again disappearing buildings...  (Read 10714 times)

UAL941

Re: Again disappearing buildings...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 11:08:55 pm »
And one more thing once the scenery loaded and I stand upon the airport my sim freezes every 5 seconds for 5 seconds and this over and over again. I have never had this before

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »
Everything is fine, I got my digital signature and my serial number in there.

I haven't said your digital signature isn't fine *today*, and I've haven't said you haven't purchased FSX. I've said that the log indicates you HAD an hacked FSX.EXE (or maybe just one which was corrupted by a virus), from Jan 15 to Jan 18, then the errors went away, and Couatl is not generating any errors right now.

If you could manage to produce a Couatl.log file, we could have more data about this. It's just not possible the log file wouldn't appear, since Couatl IS running, and it should generate a log, provided you followed all the instructions.

Try the following:

put back

logFile=couatl.log

in the Couatl.ini file but, before launching FSX, go into the FSX root folder, right-click on it (on the FOLDER), select "Properties" then the "Security" tab, click the "Edit" button, on the next screen click "Add" and add YOUR USER NAME to the list of the permissions, with "Full Control", then choose to apply the setting to all files and subfolders of FSX folder. This will ensure you have write permission in the FSX folder to produce a log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »
And one more thing once the scenery loaded and I stand upon the airport my sim freezes every 5 seconds for 5 seconds and this over and over again. I have never had this before

Which airport ? This means you must have an old version of it. Download the full scenery installer and install it, and then reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on top of it.

UAL941

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 11:40:38 pm »
It drives me nuts, I installed the scenery and the "Stand-Alone Addon Manager" on top and now all of the sudden the menu entries are gone! Although I disabled the anti vir etc.

Oh gosh, I´m very close to throw my computer right through my window....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56:57 pm »
ALL the menu entries ?? That would mean either a corrupted DLL.XML (which can't be caused by our installer, since we use the default XML Windows parsing routine to modify it) OR a problem with Simconnect.

Try to reboot Windows first.

UAL941

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:47:20 am »
Well it drove me this nuts that there was only one solution, reinstall the FSX again and here we go. Now everything works fine. Hopefully it´ll stay this way.  ;D