Author Topic: Again disappearing buildings...  (Read 10715 times)

UAL941

Again disappearing buildings...
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »
hey folks,

before you start yelling at me I´ve already checked the forum and tried all the given solutions, none of them worked for me.

That´s the progress I have made. De-installed everything incl. addon manager and couatl "manager", tried the "anti vir off" method, excluding the exe and entries from anti vir, but nothing helped. And yes I do have both entries in my FS menu.

I´m kinda frustrated and it drives me nuts seriously. I love your sceneries but I very much dislike your whole copyright/piracy protection. It makes things very complicated.

So dear FSDT support what are your suggestions to get my satisfaction back to level?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Again disappearing buildings...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:38:42 pm »
before you start yelling at me I´ve already checked the forum and tried all the given solutions, none of them worked for me.

That's fairly obvious because, since you HAVE both the menus, nothing of you might have read relates in any way to your problem.

And yes I do have both entries in my FS menu.

That means nothing was related in any way to antivirus or anything involves those two programs.

I´m kinda frustrated and it drives me nuts seriously. I love your sceneries but I very much dislike your whole copyright/piracy protection. It makes things very complicated

Again, this doesn't have anything to do with those two programs that, as explained too many times already, do far more than dealing with the scenery protection.

So dear FSDT support what are your suggestions to get my satisfaction back to level?

Since both programs ARE running correctly (otherwise you would't see them in the menu), the only possible explantions are:

- The scenery is not active in the Scenery Library, because you haven't installed it or it wasn't added automatically because you have a corrupted scenery.cfg. But you should have seen a warning in the installer

OR

- You are not using the current version of the scenery, if not sure, download it again.

UAL941

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »
The scenery is not active in the Scenery Library, because you haven't installed it or it wasn't added automatically because you have a corrupted scenery.cfg. But you should have seen a warning in the installer

I downloaded the new installer just yesterday and installed them right away. Furthermore the installer added the entires automatically.

This is how the entries look like in my scenery.cfg
[Area.153]
Title=FSDreamTeam ZurichX
Local=FsDreamTeam\ZurichX
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=153

[Area.154]
Title=FSDreamTeam Geneva
Local=FsDreamTeam\LSGG
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=154

[Area.155]
Title=FSDreamTeam Chicago OHareX
Local=FsDreamTeam\OHareX
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=155

[Area.156]
Title=FSDreamTeam New York JFK
Local=FsDreamTeam\JFK
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=156

[Area.157]
Title=FSDreamTeam Las Vegas
Local=FsDreamTeam\KLAS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=157

[Area.158]
Title=FSDreamTeam Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood
Local=FsDreamTeam\KFLL
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=158

[Area.159]
Title=FSDreamTeam Dallas/Fort Worth International
Local=FsDreamTeam\kdfw
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=159

[Area.160]
Title=FSDreamTeam Honolulu International
Local=FsDreamTeam\phnl
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=160

[Area.161]
Title=FSDreamTeam Los Angeles International
Local=FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=161

I´m sorry that I as a customer am kinda upset about this scenery issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:13 am »
I downloaded the new installer just yesterday and installed them right away. Furthermore the installer added the entires automatically.

The installer obviously check the scenery.cfg so, as I've said, if you haven't seen any error message while installing, it means your scenery.cfg it's fine.

Also, if you are sure you have the most current versions, what you are seeing simply just can't happen, and of course nobody else reported it before, since ALL problems you might have read about the Addon Manager or Couatl, happens (always caused by other conflicting products, most of the time antivirus) because they don't *run*, but then you wouldn't see their menus.

So, your problem must be something entirely different, let's do some checks:

1) Check the version of the Addon Manager, you can see it opening its menu, it should be 2.9.0.1, which is the current version.

2) Check the version of the Couatl executabel, you can check it by going into the Fsdreamteam\Couatl\ folder, right-click on the Couatl.exe file, select "Properties", select "Details".

3) Check the FSX.EXE itself for not being corrupted. Right-click on it, select "Properties", select the "Digital Signatures" tab, select on the Microsoft signature, and click "Details", check if the digital signature is valid.

UAL941

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »
1) Check the version of the Addon Manager, you can see it opening its menu, it should be 2.9.0.1, which is the current version.
Checked, 2.9.0.1 it is

2) Check the version of the Couatl executabel, you can check it by going into the Fsdreamteam\Couatl\ folder, right-click on the Couatl.exe file, select "Properties", select "Details".
Checked, 2.0.0.2290

3) Check the FSX.EXE itself for not being corrupted.
Checked and everything fine. I also reinstalled the FSX and still the buildings disappear.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »
You say you reinstalled FSX, was that a clean install?  Are your sceneries in trial mode, by any chance?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:31:15 pm »
Checked and everything fine. I also reinstalled the FSX and still the buildings disappear.

Still not possible. Let's do another test, you can enable some diagnostic here:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:33:34 pm by virtuali »

UAL941

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »
You say you reinstalled FSX, was that a clean install? Are your sceneries in trial mode, by any chance?
Affirm completely fresh and they are all shown as active in the addon manager.

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.
I´ll give it a shot later on.

UAL941

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »
Well I gave it a shot w/o any success though. Same with running in admin mode

There is no log file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
There is no log file

Try to redirect it to a folder you surely have write permissions, for example:

logFile=%APPDATA%\virtuali\couatl.log

and look for the log file in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\ folder

UAL941

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 12:23:33 am »
Still no log file, in this folder there are two files Couatl.ERR file and a KeyMapping.cfg

the ERR file contains this
couatl v2.0 (build 2277)
panic log started on Sun Jan 15 21:08:53 2012
Bglmanx disconnected prematurely

couatl v2.0 (build 2277)
panic log started on Tue Jan 17 01:18:50 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2277)
panic log started on Tue Jan 17 12:46:16 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2277)
panic log started on Wed Jan 18 15:30:03 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2277)
panic log started on Wed Jan 18 22:14:14 2012

ewerber

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:10 pm »
Did you download and install the latest addon manager for FSX here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 03:04:40 pm »
the ERR file contains this

You error log file doesn't contain anything after Jan. 18th, and those errors confirmed my suspicions, that you were using a patched/hacked FSX.EXE, are you SURE the Microsoft digital signature I've asked you to check is VALID ?

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »
You say you reinstalled FSX, was that a clean install?  Are your sceneries in trial mode, by any chance?

Good point Bruce, had the same issue a while back. Its good advice to check if your fresh install has FSDT trail mode or not. I do notice that since deleting the KLAX trail version that I no longer have FSX KLAX. No problem right now as I expect to purchase KLAX.

UAL941

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
I´m using the same fsx the whole time. And right after I installed SFO all FSDT buildings were gone. They worked before with my FSX perfectly. Really weird if you ask me.

that you were using a patched/hacked FSX.EXE, are you SURE the Microsoft digital signature I've asked you to check is VALID ?
Everything is fine, I got my digital signature and my serial number in there.