Author Topic: Aircraft bouncing  (Read 24216 times)

Aircraft bouncing
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »
Hi FSDT/all,

I have just purchased LSGG and looks real nice but as the tittle says, when i taxi the plane bounces (NGX), the scenery is 2nd in the scenery library just behind aes....What to do??

Regards

Chris
Chris Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft bouncing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »
Does it happen with a default airplane ?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »
I'll go check now....
Chris Howard

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:40 pm »
Hi

Yes it happens with default a/c too, also just noticed on the runway there looks like duplicate markings on it....dont know if its related?

Chris
Chris Howard

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:00:01 pm »
Umberto,

Any idea on how to fix this please?

Chris
Chris Howard

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:15 pm »
I have the same problem.
Richard Åsberg

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 10:02:26 am »
Is this Richard?

Anyway, this is annoying isn't it? I only get this when i taxi and get near the runway and its stops me flying to this otherwise excellent airport.
Obviously it only happens to a few of us, i just wish i could find the problem and sort this.

Chris (christos)
Chris Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:10:11 am »
I can't see any duplicate markings on the runway. There was just a problem with duplicate displaced threshold arrows marking, but it has been fixed in the  current version of the scenery AFCAD, which you can get when installing the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

If you are still seeing duplicates runway markings even after updating with current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, then the problem is surely caused by another scenery in conflict, which probably has a slightly different altitude.

In this case, use the free FSX Airport Scanner to search for AFCAD duplicates.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:42 am »
Morning Umberto

I used this tool and Geneva wasn't listed when i did the scan it was mainly default airports that came up.
This ones got me baffled.
Chris Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 12:23:21 pm »
But are you seeing duplicate runway markings, even after installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »
I istalled the latest addon manager and the duplicate markings have gone but the bouncing hasn't.
It happens if when at the begining of rwy 5, when i taxi off the rwy via the first rwy exit and take the first left. When i start to i approach the terminal it stops, the plane acts like it drops off a curb and
the bouncing stops.When watching it from outside view it looks like the wheels look like they are going through a gravel patch or something?!
I just put Geneva back to the top of the library but it still happens.
What could it be conflicting with?
Chris Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 10:02:04 pm »
Could you please provide me with the exact taxiway name ?

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »
Hello Umberto

Anywhere near the top of rwy 5, taxiway e,f,g,

I appreciate you trying to solve this for me..It seems like im one of the only ones with this problem :(

Chris Howard

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:45 pm »
Umberto, sorry to did up an older topic but I just used LSGG last night for the first time and my a/c is bobbing up and down as I taxi along the main taxiway that runs along side the main runway. As soon as I get on the runway its smooth but my a/c was going up and down as I was taxiing after pulling off the runway. In all the years I have owned LSGG I dont ever recall this happening, i'm guessing it has to do with the newer ADE that was included with GSX?

Also, since I didn't want to did up the other post below this one on the ATC, last night I lost ATC after contacting ground. They gave me taxi instructions, but when I replied to them nothing happened. Then once I was parked I and tried to contact them for taxi instructions nothing happened.

I only have one active ADE/AFX file for LSGG and have two backup .bak file in the same folder of the older ADE's but they are both renamed to .bak so I dont know if they could cause a problem but I think not.

Aside from that everything else seems to be working fine at the airport, just ATC and bouncing taxiways are a problem.

POST EDIT: Did a scan with the ADE checker and no duplicates were found for LSGG.

POST EDIT #2: I think I may have found the problem. I opened the old ADE file from 2008 and all the taxiway surfaces are listed as Asphalt, then I opened the latest AFX file and a lot of the taxiway surfaces are listed as Macadam. I'm guess that having a taxi surface of macadam rather that asphalt is the reason for the bouncing while taxiing. This being said, can you release another ADF update that changes the taxiway surfaces back to asphalt rather than macadma? I'm going to rename the 2008 ADE file to make it active and rename the new one to .bak and test it out to make sure that fixes it.

Last Edit: Just tried out the old ADE with the asphalt taxiways and the bouncing is gone. The macadam seems to be the issue causing the bouncing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:21:43 pm by cmpbllsjc »

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:30 am »
Hey Sean!

For a novice like me, can u please explain how you solved this issue...i.e what folder i need to go into and what i need to alter/delete.

Regards

Chris Howard
Chris Howard