Author Topic: no buildings and cars in the air  (Read 5545 times)

timmo73

no buildings and cars in the air
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
I have FSX with windows 7 64 bit.  I turned off the anti-virus and installed add-on manager and then KFLL.  I say yes everything when starting FSX.  No matter what I still have no buildings and cars up in the air.  I try uninstalling everything and reinstalling and still the same effect.  I tried reading the forums with this problem and still have the same effect.  Am I missing something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no buildings and cars in the air
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:24:12 am »
Cars/AI in the air are surely caused by another duplicate AFCAD for another product, use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates for KFLL and remove them.

I turned off the anti-virus and installed add-on manager and then KFLL.

Every thread about installation says exactly the opposite: the Addon Manager should always installed AFTER the sceneries.

Am I missing something?

It's not clear from your description but, it's not enough to just turn off the antivirus when downloading and installing, you also need to:

- Turn the antivirus OFF during DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION

- Before turning it back on, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

Then you can turn it back on and launch FSX normally.

timmo73

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:23 am »
I did turn off the anti-virus prior to installing and still the same effect.  Checked all AFCADS and still the same effect.  In fact all Fsdreamteam sceneries I have all have the same problem.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same problem.  FlightTeam KSFO also has the same problem.  Checked simconnect and it's working properly.  I just can't seem to figure it out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 01:52:41 am »
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same problem.  FlightTeam KSFO also has the same problem

Have you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER all the sceneries ? Try to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager again, because we just updated its installer.

If still doesn't work, you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

timmo73

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
My pc crashed last night so I had to reinstall everything.  I found out that the add-on manager is already embedded in the sceneries somehow and I don't need to install the add-on manager.  Everything seems to be working now.