Author Topic: Sooooo... when Gsx coming out?  (Read 22213 times)

Aviationation

Sooooo... when Gsx coming out?
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:49:23 pm »
I mean its been a while, the videos said it would come out 2011 and its 2012 now :/

space_coast

Re: Sooooo... when Gsx coming out?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »
It's in beta-testing since December I believe, so I hope that it will be released really really soon, it's already the third week in 2012 so I hope it will not take that long.....

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »
For real.

Aviationation

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »
at least release the beta

space_coast

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »
Would be great when GSX would be released this weekend, but I don't think so..... :-(

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »
at least release the beta

Beta copies are released by unscrupulous people who sign up to beta test with that intention, not developers.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:30:55 pm »
Hopefully it'll be out in the next couple of days, but it's really whatever it takes to be set for release. I think developers (especially FS devs) resent when people ask for release dates when there has never been one set.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

blk137

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 11:12:16 pm »
they say its very close to finishing so im expecting it to be out by next or week or the week after.

Blake

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:45:15 am »
And exactly who is they?  It'll be released when it's finished, Umberto has not indicated it will be released next week or the week after.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 04:31:24 am »
Some people just don't know how to wait :P When GSX is finished then it will be out.......
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 02:33:47 pm »
 For the FSDream to announce a release date for 2011 and still have not released it yet (23 days late) is somewhat irresponsible.  I had some money earmarked for this product as part of my reward to myself for giving everyone else a decent Christmas.  GSX was going to be my Christmas gift I have patiently waited since YOUR announcement on release dates.  All I see are folks trying to get information and handed the same old lines from other “Customers”  .  Poor Business missing a deadline. 

Please: I don't need comments about betta testing or "it will be released when ready" (Really?)
Seems like it is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I would never give one of my customers a dilivery date and still have them wait 23 days.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »
For the FSDream to announce a release date for 2011

This date was announced in March 2011, 10 months ago , you can't except it being very precise it. Release dates more exact are being missed by companies much larger than we are, all the time.

and still have not released it yet (23 days late) is somewhat irresponsible

On the contrary, we believe that having missed it by JUST 23 days (or even a month) to be very good, considering that in 10 months, many things change, users suggests new features, unexpected bugs comes out, new 3rd party product we need to interface with come out, etc.

An easy example: we added specific support for several 3rd party airplanes that use non-standard doors commands, which was something we realized it was needed only very recently, while testing.

All I see are folks trying to get information and handed the same old lines from other “Customers”  .  Poor Business missing a deadline.

I find the usage of double quotes around "Customers" a bit offensive to other fellow customers, that are just as legit in their opinions as you are. Or, you are labeling them as somewhat fake or not proper customers, just because they don't agree with your view ?

Please: I don't need comments about betta testing or "it will be released when ready" (Really?)

So, you'd rather prefer something like "We'll release it in its current state, to paying customers that will act as paying testers" ?

I would never give one of my customers a dilivery date and still have them wait 23 days.

Which is why we never gave an exact deliver date, but a general time frame, which couldn't be as vague as it was.

Some usually say "4th quarter", and then usuall miss by a couple of months, "in 2011" it's even more generic than specifying a quarter, it was just wrong to read it as "absolutely before Dec. 31th 2011", which would have been really impossible to anticipate, in March 2011 when we released the first video.

I'll repeat it again, the product will be released when it's finished and properly tested, not before.

Bakern

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 04:26:09 pm »
I had some money earmarked for this product as part of my reward to myself for giving everyone else a decent Christmas.  GSX was going to be my Christmas gift

Then you have 11 months of waiting in front of you......... ;)

Cheers
Stein-Ove

blk137

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »
And exactly who is they?  It'll be released when it's finished, Umberto has not indicated it will be released next week or the week after.
its common sense m8 were on the fsdt forum so its fsdt ?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »
its common sense m8 were on the fsdt forum so its fsdt ?

All you've been told officially is that GSX is in beta testing and will be released when it's ready, nothing was said about next week or the week after.  When it's ready!