Author Topic: No buildings with fresh install  (Read 13778 times)

airforce806

No buildings with fresh install
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:55:07 pm »
So I currently have fsdt's klas, klax, kdfw, Kord,and JFK installed along with flight beams  ksfo. I'll work great.  I have been contemplating the Phnl scenery for longer haul flights with the pmdg md-11. Two days ago I reinstalled those airport listed above with the latest downloads. I went ahead and downloaded Phnl today to try it before I bought it. I installed and loaded up Phnl and no buildings came up. No adding manager and no couatl in the adding menu. So as per about every trouble shooting response I have seen on these forums i uninstalled the scenery(Phnl) and replied yes if I want to uninstall the caoutl and adding manager. I then installed the new stane alone addon manager, loaded fsx, and now I have no buildings at any fsdt airports. I don't have antivirus on or defender or firewall. I tried to reinstall Phnl and still haven't had any luck so I uninstalled all fsdt airports. Any help would be great

I have my traffic 2010 installed and he pmdg md11 and Ngx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings with fresh install
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:40:30 am »
So as per about every trouble shooting response I have seen on these forums i uninstalled the scenery(Phnl) and replied yes if I want to uninstall the caoutl and adding manager. I then installed the new stane alone addon manager, loaded fsx, and now I have no buildings at any fsdt airports.

No troubleshooting on the forum has ever suggested this. If you really did exactly what you wrote here, you uninstalled PHNL and then reinstalled only the newest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

That wouldn't work, if you uninstall PHNL without reinstalling it back, you won't see it.

The correct procedure is:

- Uninstall PHNL entirely (replying Yes to the questions about removing the Addon Manger and the Couatl modules )

- Reinstall PHNL

- IF that still doesn't work, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER the scenery WITHOUT removing it

As explained many times on the forum, when you do all these procedures (downloading AND installing), your antivirus should be OFF. And, before launching it, be sure it's configured to ignore the following files:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

Be sure that you ARE being asked permission to run the Addon Manager module AND the Couatl module when you restart FSX after installing.

Be sure you ARE replying YES when asked permission.

If you are NOT being asked permission to run the modules, if you are 100% sure to have correctly configured the antivirus, be sure you haven't mistakenly "untrusted" us as publishers from Windows:

- In the Control Panel, select "Internet Options"

- Select the "Content" tab and click the "Certificates" button

- Select the Untrusted Publisher tab

- Select the Publisher ( VIRTUALI ) you wish to unblock and click the Remove button

airforce806

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:03:40 am »
I don't have any antivirus on my computer.  I do get the ask permission to run the addon manager and couatl and to those i click yes  The troubleshooting I was referring too was that of seeing no addon manager and couatl for various airports not just phnl.  I figured the majority of fixes applies to all airports not just phnl.  When I have one airport that is not showing buldings and the rest do, do I uninstall that single airport, click yes to removing addon manager and couatl then reinstall that airport?  I thought I had to uninstall all my fsdt scenery. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:59 am »
I don't have any antivirus on my computer

Then you can't be sure you don't have a *virus* instead, which might attache to executables, which won't run if they are modified in any way.

The troubleshooting I was referring too was that of seeing no addon manager and couatl for various airports not just phnl

When the troubleshooting steps discuss uninstalling a scenery, they always say to reinstall the scenery then. And when they discuss uninstalling the Addon Manager, they always say to reinstall the Addon Manager. According to your description, you uninstalled the scenery and installed the Addon Manager instead, without reinstalling the scenery first, which would never work.

When I have one airport that is not showing buldings and the rest do, do I uninstall that single airport, click yes to removing addon manager and couatl then reinstall that airport?

Of course, only that one. And if it doesn't work, you can try installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER installing the scenery.

I thought I had to uninstall all my fsdt scenery.  

We never suggested to do that.

airforce806

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »
I am positive there is not a virus as I have reformated my computer many times trying to get all of my fsdt scenery to work and have had issues everytime.  Pretty much the exact same issues. I download fresh versions of all the purchased airports I have.  Then install one at a time.  No antivirus, no windows defender, and no firewall. I had uninstalled the scenery and then installed the addon manager because after I had installed phnl i didn't have buildings at any of the airports.  So my thinking was that installing the stand alone addon manager after removing phnl would get the buildings at the other airports to work.  However, it didnt.  I downloaded phnl ysterday, and tried loading it and get a crash to desktop.  Everything else works when I am NOT loading PHNL.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:53:04 pm by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:08:44 pm »
I have reformated my computer many times trying to get all of my fsdt scenery to work and have had issues everytime.

This is plain wrong, there's no need to, nobody every has to do this, nobody here has *suggested* to do this and, a "fresh" install, it's surely not a solution, because first of all, you should install ALL the Windows updates before trying to install any of the sceneries. This because you might miss updated version of several system libraries that are needed so, a *real* fresh out-of-the-box Windows install is not the best environment to install anything related to FSX.

At the very least, you should first update FSX with all the Service Packs THEN run a complete "Windows Update" and being sure nothing is left out, and THEN you might start installing sceneries.

So my thinking was that installing the stand alone addon manager after removing phnl would get the buildings at the other airports to work

If you remove PHNL entirely AND reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", all the other sceneries will stop working. In fact, a warning is telling you so. However, reinstalling the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should restore the other sceneries, provided the their installed version is the latest one, otherwise you have to reinstall the sceneries too, using their most current installer.

However, it didnt.  I downloaded phnl ysterday, and tried loading it and get a crash to desktop.

If you get a *quit* (not a crash, a crash it's something with an error message) without any other messages, it means you are ended with a mix of old and new Addon Manager files, which is normally not possible, because they are always downloaded from the internet by the installers.

So, either something wrong to your internet connection happened, or there's an antivirus/firewall program blocking the download, because it's just not possible to get old versions by mistake.

I'll repeat it again: the correct procedure is to FIRST install the scenery with its most current installer and THEN (if that doesn't work) install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager WITHOUT removing the scenery, even if it doesn't work!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:14:04 pm by virtuali »

airforce806

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »
I have done the correct procedure around 7 times.  When I reformat my computer I install all updates, I probably should have mentioned it but I thought that went without saying.  Why can't all the downloads have the latest installers?  I downloaded them all again yesterday and am having the same issues with the crash when loading phnl scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »
When I reformat my computer I install all updates, I probably should have mentioned it but I thought that went without saying

You haven't said that. A fresh install it's a fresh install, I can't assume anything, and it would be wrong if I did.

Why can't all the downloads have the latest installers?

They obviously have, where else you would supposed to get them otherwise ? Since I can't be sure how what you are installing, I had to say to be sure you *are* using the latest installers.

I downloaded them all again yesterday and am having the same issues with the crash when loading phnl scenery.

This explanation is not very clear, do you mean:

1) you get a crash AFTER you select the PHNL airport from the menu

OR

2) you get a crash *while* the scenery is loading, at a certain stage of the scenery loading progress bar ?

OR

3) you get a crash AFTER PHNL airport end the loading, just before flight normally starts ?

OR

4) you have *FSX* crashing without any message, as soon as you installed PHNL ?

airforce806

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:31 am »
I get the crash as Phnl is loading. This is the most recent download of Phnl and fsx because unresponsive. All other airports work fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 12:55:07 am »
I get the crash as Phnl is loading.

You mean you are getting this ?

2) you get a crash *while* the scenery is loading, at a certain stage of the scenery loading progress bar ?

At what state, EXACTLY, the crash happens ?

All other airports work fine.

Which "other airports" ? FSDT or generic other airports ?

If the other FSDT airports are working now, and only PHNL is crashing while loading, than it's sure the problem doesn't have anything to do with installation, versions, Addon Manager, antivirus, download or anything like that.

Please be specific and confirm it's crashing in the middle of the progress bar and, if it's possible, report what was written on the progress bar just before the crash.

airforce806

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 01:05:27 am »
Yes, FSX crashes as I am loading PHNL.  The crash happens as the bar is progressing during load.  All of the other airports work fine.  FSDT and Default.  No my question is how in the world is there not an issue with the installation/addon manager...ect.  I have all of the flytampa airports and no problem.  Several aerosoft airports and no problem. Everything was working fine.  Just PHNL is loading is causing the crash. The progress bar is in the middle during crash. Loading is writting on the bar..."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:46 am »
No my question is how in the world is there not an issue with the installation/addon manager...ect. 

Because of this:

All of the other airports work fine.  FSDT and Default.

If it WAS a problem with the Addon Manager, Couatl, antivirus, etc. NONE of your FSDT airport would work.

I have all of the flytampa airports and no problem.  Several aerosoft airports and no problem. Everything was working fine

No just that, according to your report, even the FSDT airports work fine.

Just PHNL is loading is causing the crash. The progress bar is in the middle during crash. Loading is writting on the bar..."

If it's crashing there, it might simply means your problem is related to the PHNL *area* (regardless of the airport), rather than the airport. A default texture that has gone missing/corrupted and/or an AI texture missing/corrupted, and you might be mislead thinking the problem it's caused by PHNL airport, but just because it's happening *there*, it doesn't mean the airport is causing it. When you load an airport, you don't have just the airport loaded, you have default terrain, scenery, surrounding airports, ai, etc.

Try this: before starting a flight, go into the Scenery Library, and disable the FsDreamTeam Honolulu area. Exit FSX and start it again, now go to PHNL, and check if it's still crashing.