Author Topic: New Terminal at KLAS  (Read 36926 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Terminal at KLAS
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »
With your refined-scope question and statement you're "basically the only FS developers"

Not "the only FS developers", but the only ones that will have to put to much effort in what WE considered to be an upgrade worthy enough of an update price, due to how we do things.

Maybe we are wrong, maybe it would be better just not to care about performances and future-proof so much, and simply tell users "just use the DX10 fixer". Maybe it would be easier if we kept doing things the easy way, so we won't have to work so hard when updating, so we could offer it for free, since most user won't really know the difference anyway, and would just upgrade (spending way more), by upgrading their hardware, not really getting so much bang for their buck because, incidentally, the scenery that benefits more from an hardware upgrade (GPU, most likely) is precisely the one that doesn't contain legacy code.

I never trying to say we are any better than anyone else just that, when we offered what we considered mid/minor upgrades, still containing old code and not revamping the foundations from scratch, we DID offered them for free, for Zurich (twice) and KORD. The free Zurich update HAD a new Terminal. The issue is, a new terminal is something that everybody understands, and it "looks" like a major upgrade, but it's not nearly as long or complex as workload like redoing the ground entirely, which is why nobody else is doing it, surely not as a free patch.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:18:21 pm by virtuali »

CaptKornDog

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »
With your refined-scope question and statement you're "basically the only FS developers"

Not "the only FS developers", but the only ones that will have to put to much effort in what WE considered to be an upgrade worthy enough of an update price, due to how we do things.

Maybe we are wrong, maybe it would be better just not to care about performances and future-proof so much, and simply tell users "just use the DX10 fixer". Maybe it would be easier if we kept doing things the easy way, so we won't have to work so hard when updating, so we could offer it for free, since most user won't really know the difference anyway, and would just upgrade (spending way more), by upgrading their hardware.

I never trying to say we are any better than anyone else just that, when we offered what we considered mid/minor upgrades, still containing old code and not revamping the foundations from scratch, we DID offered them for free, for Zurich (twice) and KORD. The free Zurich update HAD a new Terminal. The issue is, a new terminal is something that everybody understands, and it "looks" like a major upgrade, but it's not nearly as long or complex as workload like redoing the ground entirely, which is why nobody else is doing it, surely not as a free patch.

OK, thanks.

B777ER

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 02:42:29 am »
It's not being worked on at this time (we are very busy finishing KIAH and another very large unannounced airport), but it is strongly considered for the next scenery being revamped, like we did for JFK.

Umberto, can you please give us some hint as to the unannounced airport? I know I would give you guys $100 for KATL. Come on old boy, give us a hint!
Eric

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 05:08:10 am »
It's not being worked on at this time (we are very busy finishing KIAH and another very large unannounced airport), but it is strongly considered for the next scenery being revamped, like we did for JFK.

Umberto, can you please give us some hint as to the unannounced airport? I know I would give you guys $100 for KATL. Come on old boy, give us a hint!

Well I am not giving anyone $100 for a scenery.....for that much I need to damn near smell the jet fuel with the wind blowing in my face to pay that much.  Im talking omin-dementional type shit!!!  :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

keino333

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 06:01:46 pm »

Well I am not giving anyone $100 for a scenery.....for that much I need to damn near smell the jet fuel with the wind blowing in my face to pay that much.  Im talking omin-dementional type shit!!!  :)

Umberto, you should release both of them right away...before I run out of money :) ;D

fsx100

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 12:40:32 am »
Now that Houston is complete, what else are you guys planning? Is an update for KLAS with Terminal 3 coming up next? Thanks :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 10:28:34 am »
You must have missed the poll...

fsx100

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 06:39:19 pm »
Oh, sorry about that :)  I just voted. But based on the number of votes, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon :(

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 07:14:23 pm »
Oh, sorry about that :)  I just voted. But based on the number of votes, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon :(

You voted but did you read what he said in the very first post of the poll?

About KLAS V2 Upgrade, this will be an upgrade similar to the JFK V2 upgrade, a payware update with a moderate price (KLAS has been released in 2009, that's 5 years ago). We WILL do this update in any case, sooner or later, regardless of the poll results.

fsx100

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 04:36:03 am »
Yes. The update’s probably going to take a while, so I went ahead and bought it. A very nice airport!

- fsx100

psykie

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:26 pm »
Hello Virtuali

I'm sure your tired of this thread but, any news on an upgraded Las Vegas?

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »
I'm sure your tired of this thread but, any news on an upgraded Las Vegas?

There aren't any news. We'll surely post news when we'll have them. The update development time is entirely unrelated by the frequency of posts asking for news. We haven't started yet, anyway, so it's nothing that will come in the next weeks. Most likely sometime in 2015.

psykie

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 12:26:41 am »
Cool, Thanks.   :)

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.