Author Topic: KLAX running much slower now after download compared to all other FSDT Airports  (Read 5523 times)

airforce806

I have just downloaded and installed all FSDT airports on a clean system.  However it seems that after the update, all fsdt airports run great except LAX.  It is very very choppy and running very slow on my i7 2600k system with a 560 ti graphics card.  I had even turned al my settings down to see if I was being to greedy on my display but not the case.  Still averaging 4.9 framed with an occaisional jump to 60 fps.  60 is what I always use to get in the ultralight at klax.  Any help would be great.  all other fsdt airports seem to work great with great frames.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Surely not a problem of the scenery. 4.9 fps it's really impossible on that system, so it's surely a problem of your video card settings and/or drivers.

And, it it's not very clear what do you mean with "all fsdt airports run great except LAX". Which update you are referring to ? the KLAX last update ?

And, does it mean that *before* the update, the other FSDT airports ran bad, and now they all run great (except KLAX), or they always ran great except KLAX ? Or that KLAX *used* to run great, just like the other ones, but now (after the update) it's the only one that doesn't run great ?

The update itself can't have any visible effect on the frame rate, nothing really important has been changed and (of course) nobody else has reported such a drop in frame rate after it, so it must be something else you changed in your system. Or maybe just because you install it from scratch, you forgot to install something that was installed on the other system, like any kind system/video/audio drivers or directx or anything else.

airforce806

Umberto, I figured it out.  After reading all of the forums I double checked the graphics card settings in inspector.  I had transparancy antialising set to 4x multisampling instead of off.  Hope this helps anyone else.  Now I get a consistent 30fps on the ground at klax.  It wasn't the update or KLAX that caused my problem.  It was my settings with my graphics card.

airforce806

Correction.   60fps.  How come the transparency antalising causing such a HUGE drop in framerate.  I don't know much about it but I am glad i came upon that post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We don't really know why the transparent antialiasing causes such issues. in fact, if you look the KLAX manual on page 12 ( "Design Notes" ) we suggest turn it off, it used to be a real problem on ATI card, with disappearing objects and such, but maybe latest drivers have brought up the issue on nVidia too.

Note that, what ATI calls "Adaptive Antialiasing or AAA", it's the same as the "Transparency Antialiasing" on nVidia.

airforce806

Great, thanks for the info and great tech support.

JaJatheJetPlane

We don't really know why the transparent antialiasing causes such issues. in fact, if you look the KLAX manual on page 12 ( "Design Notes" ) we suggest turn it off, it used to be a real problem on ATI card, with disappearing objects and such, but maybe latest drivers have brought up the issue on nVidia too.

Note that, what ATI calls "Adaptive Antialiasing or AAA", it's the same as the "Transparency Antialiasing" on nVidia.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with KLAX. I have an ATI card and I need help finding that AAA setting. Is it in the Catalyst Control Center?  Thank You!