Author Topic: GSX Feature Request - Jetways Line-up with AI  (Read 5304 times)

jordanal

GSX Feature Request - Jetways Line-up with AI
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I've looked around the forum and can't find anything specific to my idea, so if it's not already included or planned, would the following be possible -some day?

As an avid AI collector one of the features of the default FSX jetways was the ability to have the jetways align with my AI aircraft, as long as the appropriate 'Exit' data is included in the respective aircraft.cfg file.  What most folks don't care for is the load/burden this places on the computer while all the jetways throughout the airport are simultaneously moving/aligning to the AI during the initial starup of the FSX session.  But, having all the jetways align with a nice AI collection does look so much better as you taxi to/from the Active.

One feature I found very disappointing in AES is the fact that I can't have the jetways align with all my AI after buying an expensive addon airport and then more dollars for the full AES treatment.  Yet after all that, I can't have one feature that the default FSX jetways provide, should I decide to enable the exit data for each aircraft.

What I would like to see (as a proud FSDT GSX supporter and AI collector), is an option in GSX to enable or disable jetways aligning to AI with a simple checkbox.  And, (this is my big idea) if I do enable jetways aligning to AI in GSX, another sub-option to have the jetways move slowly during alignment (much like the default FSX jetways) or have the jetways move quickly (snap) from the stowed position to the aligned position, alongside the respective AI aircraft.

This way, I as the GSX / AI user, can decided for myself if the slow movement of jetways is worth the CPU load, or just quickly have the jetways snap to/from the AI to ease the load, especially at startup.  This way, I can have the awesome look of jetways realistically aligned to AI as I taxi.

I hope this is good food for thought.   ;D
Regards,
Al

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX Feature Request - Jetways Line-up with AI
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:26:35 pm »
GSX doesn't control jetways at all, AI will continue to call them as they have been.  You'll need to use the control-j combination to operate yours.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:53:22 pm »
Since GSX doesn't affect jetways in any way, this won't change for AI either.

Which means, if the airport you use has real FSX jetways (like all the default airports and all our own), they will work with your airplane AND with AI airplanes, provided your AI models have their exits enabled, some AI packages don't or they give you the option to turn them off, to save fps.

If, instead, the airport doesn't have FSX jetways, and relies on AES to have them, they will not work with AI, and having GSX or not won't change anything in this regard.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:47:09 pm by virtuali »

jordanal

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »
Ah, I see.  Thanks for the replies.
Regards,
Al