Author Topic: Simconnect broken  (Read 8831 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Simconnect broken
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:34:04 pm »
After I deleted two folders somewhere to solve a simconnect problem, causing stutters, I can't start Cuoatl.exe and several other programs anymore. These are rexwxengine2.exe, the rex weather engine and SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe, a program used by flylogic sceneries to change the plants according to season. They all need something from simconnect. I reinstalled my complete fsx and reinstalled fsx professional sp1, acceleration, fsx standard sdk, sp1 and sdk acceleration. I also reinstalled zurich for FSX, but cuoatl.exe still doesn't start.

rexwengine2 gives following message which could serve as a hint. Cuoatl.exe just states it couldn't be started correctly (0xc0150004) and click ok, to close.

I have no idea, what could be missing after uninstalling/installing everything again.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Die referenzierte Assembly ist nicht auf dem Computer installiert. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
Dateiname: "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B3): Die referenzierte Assembly ist nicht auf dem Computer installiert. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
   bei rexwxengine2.controls.ucLoadAircraftLocation.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
rexwxengine2
    Assembly-Version: 2.5.2010.38549.
    Win32-Version: 2.5.2010.1027.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Real%20Environment%20Xtreme%202.0/rexwxengine2.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:04:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe can not be started
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »
After I deleted two folders somewhere to solve a simconnect problem, causing stutters, I can't start Cuoatl.exe and several other programs anymore.

You error log clearly shows the REX program is crashing. Of course, if your Simconnect is broken, almost no FSX addons will ever work, your best option is either trying a repair of the FSX installation, or a complete FSX reinstall.

I've modified the title of this thread, since your problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products.

blaunarwal

Re: Simconnect broken
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:08:25 am »
Maybe I expressed myself unclear, but is Cuoatl.exe not part of your product? I can not use Zurich without this protection software, which can not install itself able to run. And did you read, I reinstalled everything, FSX and Zurich. So everything you said was just ignoring my message.
Cuoatl just says this:

Cuoatl.exe couldn't be started correctly (0xc0150004),  click ok, to close

What does this say to me? What needs to be repaired?

Please is there anybody out there giving a good hint, what can be done apart from deleting FSDT products and REX from my computer?  :o

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:11:01 am by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:59:25 am »
Maybe I expressed myself unclear, but is Cuoatl.exe not part of your product? I can not use Zurich without this protection software, which can not install itself able to run. And did you read, I reinstalled everything, FSX and Zurich. So everything you said was just ignoring my message.

I obviously haven't: this is what you wrote:

I can't start Cuoatl.exe and several other programs anymore. These are rexwxengine2.exe, the rex weather engine and SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe, a program used by flylogic sceneries to change the plants according to season.

You used the present time so, I must assume you STILL can't start all these programs anymore.

OR, you meant that BEFORE reinstalling you WERE (past time) unable to start these programs and NOW (after the reinstallation) they are all starting up *except* Couatl ?

If yes, then what's the point of posting a log showing that REX can't start because it couldn't find Simconnect ? Since you posted that log, I can only assume this is still your current situation, otherwise there was no use posting it.

So, either there was no use posting the log showing that REX crashes (because it's now fixed after reinstalling everything) OR, if it was relevant to the current situation after reinstalling, than my comment about your problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our product stands, because if REX is STILL crashing, as for your log, it means the problem is affecting other products too, so it's not clearly caused by Couatl, the only relationship with it, is that is just one of the several products affected by the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 01:08:50 am »
In any case, after a very brief search on the error 0xc0150004 you mentioned, looks like something in your MS VC++ 2005 libraries are corrupted, our installer obviously installs them using the official MS installer but, it's possible the official MS installer we launch can't fix corrupted installations.

Try this solution:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update AGAIN and update again, including the optional downloads, because Windows Update might find updates/fixes for those libraries too.

blaunarwal

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »
I feared, that I was not clear in my explanations. None of the 3 programs are running at present! They all rely on simconnect. So that's the thing they have in common. I mentioned the other programs only because it let us conclude this now.

In the meantime I could find out the directories I deleted. They where the simconnect directories in C:\windows\WinSxS. I found procedures on the internet to fix simconnect problems this way. There was also stated, these directories were reproduced during a repair of fsx and accelaration. but this turned out not to work on my system an also not a full de- and re-install of fsx sp1 and Acceleration let to new formation of these directories. This is strange. But I think that's becoming a Microsoft support issue.

I have the directories I deleted available on my second pc system (Vista), but I am unable to copy them, because of protection of the WinSxS directory. I can not change the rights on this directory. Win7 refuses to accept. Is there a way make Win7 believe, it's a trusted installer, copying these directories? Any filemanager tool known, who is able to crack this security thing. It should be necessary to fdisk my system and completely set it up from scratch because of a missing directory and dll file.
I will try to copy the directories in the dos environment, but I'm not sure, if I will be able to succeed.
I also re-installed VS2005, but maybe I should first remove and then install to solve this error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »
You can try booting Windows in Safe mode, and see if you can copy the folders, however it's unlikely it will work, because those libraries also have their entries in the registry.

And yes, an FSX repair should fix them, provided you repair FSX itself, then the Sp1 and then the Sp2.

blaunarwal

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:48:18 am »
I tried that before. It doesn't work. I could change the security settings, pressing the button "extended" and not "edit". I gave myself the neccessary rights and copied the folders. So the SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe program allready works. But then FSX shuts down without any error message CTD. I will repair one more time.

Neither repair of fsx nor full reinstallation created the folders. There is one try left I probably have to do. After uninstall of fsx removing the remaining directory, renaming it, and copy the aircraft and addon sceneries in after install. I don't know what this should change, but maybe fsx is just programmed like this to set up folders only if none exists at the begin.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:48:55 pm by blaunarwal »