Author Topic: Vol 2 & Addon Re-install Fail  (Read 4405 times)

Pahlmla

Vol 2 & Addon Re-install Fail
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:30:59 am »
I noticed in reviewing my FSDT airport listings via the AddOn Manager in FSX that my Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 was active but not installed.  So I downloaded the latest Vol 2 file.  During installation I got a "DeleteFile failed: code 5" message having to do with the alut.dll file in my FSX\FSDreamteam\couatl folder.  My choices were to "Retry", "Ignore" (not recommended) or "Abort".

After "Retry" failed, I tried the choice not recommended, i.e. "Ignore".  I ran into the same error for several more files in the "couatl" folder and chose "Ignore" each time as well.  Now Vol 2 was listed as "Installed and Active" in the addon manager listing of FSDT airports. I then visited KHOG & KHKO to find missing roofs on the terminal buildings.  Next, I checked  PHLI & PHTO (Vol 1) and found the roofs were missing there too.  Worse was when I discovered there now were no terminals at any of my other FSDT airports (PHNL, KORD, KDFW, etc... I got 'em all). The jetways looked great, though.  So I started perusing the FSDT forum for help. 

Running the utility Airport Scanner and removing duplicate non-FSDT airports didn't fix the problem.  I then tried to re-install Virtuali's Addon ManagerX (v2.9.0.1) as I read this should be installed or re-installed only after all airports were installed.  I got the same "DeleteFile failed: code 5" pertaining to the alut.dll file (et al).  I went to the alut.dll file and de-selected the "Read-only" attribute under file properties and clicked on "Apply".  Attempting to re-install the Addon Manager yielded the same error messages (i.e. DeleteFile: code 5) for the alut.dll file.  I'm stumped.  Any suggestions?

Oh, my non-FSDT airports are fine.
Larry
____

System: Dell XPS 430 w/ Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 CPU @ 3.0 GHz, 8 Gb DDR3 memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 w/ 896 Mb DDR3 GPU, Sound Blaster X-Fi SB0886 Sound Card, 2 – LG W2252 monitors; Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedal flight controls

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vol 2 & Addon Re-install Fail
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:46:50 pm »
I noticed in reviewing my FSDT airport listings via the AddOn Manager in FSX that my Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 was active but not installed.  So I downloaded the latest Vol 2 file.  During installation I got a "DeleteFile failed: code 5" message having to do with the alut.dll file in my FSX\FSDreamteam\couatl folder.  My choices were to "Retry", "Ignore" (not recommended) or "Abort".

As explained in many other threads on the forum, that message means you launched the scenery installer too quickly without waiting for FSX to properly close, and some files were still releasing locks.

A reinstall after Windows reboot will surely fix this.

Pahlmla

Re: Vol 2 & Addon Re-install Fail
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:09:02 am »
Thanks, Umberto.  You may have helped explain why sometimes my program problems disappear over night.  Patience is indeed a virtue, or in this case (I can't resist), a "virtuali".  Addon ManagerX successfully installed.
Larry
Larry
____

System: Dell XPS 430 w/ Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 CPU @ 3.0 GHz, 8 Gb DDR3 memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 w/ 896 Mb DDR3 GPU, Sound Blaster X-Fi SB0886 Sound Card, 2 – LG W2252 monitors; Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedal flight controls