Author Topic: All fsdreamteam airports became corrupt after updating KORD V2  (Read 7603 times)

jb747

All fsdreamteam airports became corrupt after updating KORD V2
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:47:42 pm »
Hi,

After I completed the update to KORD to V2 I found that all of my fsdreamteam airports (KORD,KJFK, KDFW, PNNL, and KLAX now appear to have corrupt bgl's.  I ran the check for duplicates and nothing shows up but I have, for example, the trees from KORD showing up on the taxiways at KLAX, etc..  Only the fsdreamteam sceneries were impacted.  KSFO is fine.

I assumed that since KORD V2 was the latest and greatest I could just delete the old and install the new (deleting the Couatl and add-on manager per instructions, etc).  Do I have to uninstall all of them and reinstall in a specific order? I know that when KLAX was introduced it had to be installed last but assumed that since KORD V2 was newer I was okay.

A little confused about this.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All fsdreamteam airports became corrupt after updating KORD V2
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:11 pm »
That KORD update could have "corrupted" other sceneries, up to the point of having trees showing on the other scenery, it's plain and simply *impossible*

You must have installed something else that did this, and the fact it happened when you installed KORD, it was just a coincidence.

You can reinstall sceneries in any order you like, but if you don't have all the latest installer, you might want to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER all the sceneries.

jb747

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »
LOL.  I expected that response regarding the trees.  Never the less, I have made absolutely no changes to my computer between having everything work and the corruption issue.  I just turned it on and loaded FSX.

So, I'll go ahead and uninstall and re-install everything which is not a big deal.  I'm glad to know that there is not an issue with re-installing things.  I always download the latest versions before I do that anyway.

Ciao,

jb747

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »
Okay,  Uninstalled the old.  Made sure no antivirus was running... downloaded everything new... and re-installed.  Everything shows up in the menu just fine but the artifacts are still there with all of the fsdreamteam sceneries.  Same deal... KSFO is fine.

Uninstalled FSX and all add-ons, then re-installed everything.. same result.

Removed all of the fsdreamteam sceneries and installed just one of them (KLAX) and tested.  It's corrupt.

Any other thoughts?

Ciao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:23:00 pm »
Everything shows up in the menu just fine

This means everything's fine with the installation, and should simply stop worrying about antivirus and any other install problem.

but the artifacts are still there with all of the fsdreamteam sceneries.  Same deal... KSFO is fine.

I don't quite understand what do you mean with "artifacts", they surely can't be a problem of the sceneries, if they were, we would have heard many reports by now.

As I've said already, it's NOT POSSIBLE that installing a scenery would make problems with *trees* to ANOTHER FSDT scenery.

The only possible explanation for this, is that you installed SOMETHING ELSE, like a 3rd party vegetation "enhancement" package, which has meddled with the default tree textures, which is affecting all the FSDT sceneries that use them, either as Autogen or as scenery objects.

Fact you think it's happened after installing the KORD update, was just a coincidence, or simply because you checked the affected sceneries only after installing KORD, but the problem already happened when you installed the other thing.

OR, even if you haven't installed anything of the sort, it might simply be an issue of the default tree textures being corrupted for any reason (entirely unrelated to the KORD installer) on your hard disk, so any scenery calling some default textures will show problems.

The only thing 100% sure, it wasn't *caused* by the KORD update, because in case we refer to default textures (when the scenery use Autogen, this is absolutely normal) we never, ever, modify or touch the default files so, it must have been something else.

You might not see the other problem in other sceneries (KSFO, for example) because the different Land Class in that area might just call *different* default tree textures, which are not corrupted on your system.

jb747

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Forget the trees.  I am seeing buildings, overpasses, etc.  If screenshots would help let me know.  All I know is even after a fresh install of FSX they are still there.  UTX, GEX installed as before with no issues.  Scenery Tech landclass installed and placed properly.  FS Altitude installed for the high altitude stuff.

Everything is fine except the fsdreamteam stuff... I'm even getting chalets and trees on the taxiways at Zurich!

Do you have anything to offer beside the suggestion that I F***** up, let me know.  In not, then I'll disable your scenery and move on. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:11 pm »
Forget the trees.  I am seeing buildings, overpasses, etc. 

If you are seeing default buildings mixed together with FSDT buildings, then the problem it's caused by a duplicate AFCAD, coming from another product (even an AI traffic package) and/or by the fact that FSDT sceneries are not placed on top of it in the Scenery Library, which is were their installer puts them by default.

If it's not that, then yes, a screenshot might help.

jb747

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:04:57 pm »
Please see attached PDF file.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 08:12:40 pm »
You should have said you use the scenery on different networked computers.

Even if we give you 6 activations per order, this doesn't automatically mean we are also giving any explicit warranty that such configuration work, because there are many ways and additional 3rd party software needed to do this that we can't test or ensure this will work. We have a Trial just for this reason.

Multi-monitor with a single card, which is a configuration supported by FSX natively without the need for any 3rd party product, works, but multi-monitor with multiple machines, you are basically on your own.

jb747

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »
Thank you for your prompt response.

I will remove your software from my computers and seek other solutions.

I hope that you will not be offended if I post your final response to this issue on the Wideview forum to keep other users from making the same mistake.

Have a nice day.

Ciao

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:08 pm »
You maybe misunderstood a bit: it's not that we are certain that a software like Wideview will never work, it's just that we never tested this configuration.

I might be interested at least knowing if the problem is know to Wideview users (I believe some of them might have some of our sceneries) and, since this is the first report ever of this kind, maybe it's something that CAN be fixed, perhaps configuring the network and/or Wideview in some way.

jb747

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 11:36:45 pm »
Thank you for the additional information.  I know that your scenery works with Wideview... at least some of the time as I used KLAX for several months until it stopped working correctly when I tried to update KORD to the new version, prior to purchasing the additional licenses.

Maybe you can establish a dialog with Luciano at Wideview and discuss the matter in greater detail?  If I can assist in testing please let me know.

I would like very much to find a solution as it is very nice scenery, and as stated in my PDF, I would like to purchase the additional copies to comply with the EULA if it can be made to operate reliability.

Ciao,

jb747

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:27:14 pm »
Hi guys...

A quick follow up and revision.  Wideview is working fine with FSDreamteam sceneries, the issue is with WideTraffic.  I don't understand how or why but you turn it off and the corruption disappears, turn it back on and it comes back.  Even with traffic settings set to zero.

Ciao,