Author Topic: Problem with night textures  (Read 5836 times)

Jamman

Problem with night textures
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:17:09 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks for making such a great scenery of one of my favourite airports, totally blows my previous KORD payware airport out of the water!  ;)

But alas i'm having a problem with some night textures on the jetways and stairs around the airport, textures look fine during the day but at night have a solid grey colour for some reason, see picture:

Anyway I can fix this?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with night textures
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 02:24:47 pm »
You can either download the installer again or, to save time, simply download the missing textures. See the thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=449.msg2864#msg2864

b742f

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:57:33 pm »
even after downloading those textures I am seeing missing textures on buildings surrounding the airport area

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:05:24 am »
If you could provide a screenshot, it might be easier for us to spot the problem.

jasonc

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:29:04 am »
If you could provide a screenshot, it might be easier for us to spot the problem.

This is a different problem although related to the night textures...it is the white lines that show up as a grid pattern on night textures as below:

I installed the missing textures that you provided in the zip in the other thread but still see these  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 07:08:48 am »
Please, do not confuse the two issues:

- The white lines are dependent on texture resolution (we used a lower res for night textures), and will be fixed shortly. This was already discussed in another thread and we already said a solution is underway so please, do not post confusing screenshots.

- The MISSING textures is an entirely different things. If the additional ZIP file with missing textures still leaves some blank objects, please post a screenshot of *these* objects.

Jamman

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:00:14 pm »
Thanks for the fix Umberto, it worked perfectly! Can't wait for KJFK you guys make some seriously good scenery!