Author Topic: FSX Crashes after installing Zurich Major Update  (Read 14711 times)

airforce806

Re: FSX Crashes after installing Zurich Major Update
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
I just checked and do have the latest Rex installer so that must not be the issue. What steps do u recommend I take?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:00:34 pm by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »
Try to install JFK with the network disconnected, at least we would know if something is blocking/corrupting the download.

airforce806

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 10:13:16 pm »
Do I install JFK before I install the stand alone addon manager?  I realize JFK should already have it if it is the latest download but just wanted to check if it is needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 10:43:36 pm »
It should be enough to install just JFK.

airforce806

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 04:57:43 am »
I downloaded JFK 10 minutes ago to ensure a new copy.  I installed JFK only.  The sim did start up after installing the local bgl files because I turned off the internet connection.  When the sim loaded there was no addon menu and buildings at JFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 09:58:49 am »
When the sim loaded there was no addon menu and buildings at JFK.

Try to do the same with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

airforce806

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »
I uninstalled everything includeing REX 2.0 and FSX.  I used the uninstall procedure found here http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.  I ran across this because I use several of the PMDG products.  I then installed FSX and the service packs with a restart in between.  I then installed all of my FSDT scenery.  KLAS, KLAX, KJFK, KORD, Zurich, KSFO (flightbeam) and Geneva.  All installed perfectly and all work perfectly.  I thought I would share if anyone else has a problem.  I am still not sure what caused my issue in the first place but all is working now and the scenery looks fantastic. 

airforce806

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:34 pm »
After installing the PMDG MD11. back to no buildings and no addon menu.  I installed the standalone manager thinking that would update and solve my issue but no luck.  FSX starts but no buildings and addon manager and no couatl.  I don't have antivirus installed and firewall is off.  So there is an issue with the pmdg and addonmanager...  After installing the md11 I thought the no buildings problem could be due to the fact that the md11 installed older files removing or overwriting the newer fsdt files.  Looks like i am back to uninstalling all fsdt airports and addonmanager and installing the pmdg md11 first.  Hopefully this works...

There definitely seems to be in issue installing the MD-11 before all of my updated FSDT scenery.  Just not sure what.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:31:20 pm by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »
I have the PMDG MD11 and it works just fine with the Addon Manager.

However, there might be a problem with it, because it installs the VC++ 2008 runtimes, and there was a known bug (Microsoft's fault...) that if you installed the VC++ 2008 runtimes on a system with the 2005 runtimes, the 2005 version would stop working, and that is the one that FSX itself uses, and we need for the Addon Manager too.

It's possible the problem doesn't happen if you have different releases/updates of the VC runtimes, which are usually installed with the various Windows updates.

airforce806

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 12:23:33 am »
So should I uninstall any runtime??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:23:12 am by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:42 am »
So should I uninstall Amy runtime??

You previously said that you already tried all the troubleshooting steps, include the reinstallation of the VC++ runtimes, which involves first uninstall all the 2005 versions, then reinstalling all of them.

If the problem repeats after installing the PMDG MD-11 (as I've said, it never happened here...), you might try doing it again.