Author Topic: FSX Crashes after installing Zurich Major Update  (Read 14644 times)

airforce806

FSX Crashes after installing Zurich Major Update
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:18:41 am »
Hi there,

I have done a clean format of my system.  I have installed FSX via Nick's Setup guide.  I have installed FSX, SP1 and SP2 on a clean windows 7 system with no antivirus, windows defender off, UAC disabled, and the firewall off.  I installed the following airports with the newest downloads (re-downloaded all yesterday) in the following order FSDT's KLAS, KORD, (Flightbeam's) KSFO, KJFK, KDFW, GENEVA, and then when I get to the Zurich scenery install, the process goes smoothly until i start FSX the first time to load up the zurich scenery.  The fsx doesn't get passed the load screen then just turns off.  No error message or anything.  Again no antivirus is installed and I have ensured all firewalls are off.  I have also made sure I have the latest standalone manager installed.  I have tried to install several times but only the zurich scenery I am having trouble with.  I had waited to install my FSDT KLAX scenery thinking the newest one would be best saved for the last download after a clean install. After the install of every airport I load a flight at that airport to let it load then restart my computer to ensure a proper install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hadn't seen an issue like this described on the forum yet so thought I would see if we have any ideas here.  Thanks for the time.

Sincerely,

Aaron

Intel i7-2600k (not overclocked)
8gb memory
500bg hd
120gb SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Crashes after installing Zurich Major Update
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:26:12 am »
You must have something that is still not updated, be sure you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the scenery, maybe after a Windows reboot.

airforce806

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:14:31 pm »
I am going to redownload all of the scenery today.  After downloading all of the scenery and installing one by one and rebooting windows after each install, I then go ahead and install the stand alone add on manager, correct? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »
Yes but, in general, if your scenery downloads are not so old, it should be enough to download just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and install it at the end.

airforce806

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 02:16:16 am »
I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps in the form post labeled System Change: no more FSDT-Airports.  I went ahead and also deleted and reinstalled the Visual C++ 2005 mentioned.  I did the simconnect procedure and have attached my results below.  After uninstalling all airports and addon manager I went to begin the setup procedure.  After installing kjfk, my first fsdt airport to be installed the sim shut down without any errors and turned off just like I had seen before.  I have ensured all windows updates have been installed after the fresh install of the Visual C++ files, restarting after every fresh install.  Again I don't have any addons accept REX 2.0 and Aerosoft mytraffic 2010.  Currently my system has no fsdt airports installed but all FSDT files have been downloaded today to ensure the newest download file. I also troubleshooted the ESellerlibrary as listed in that same forum post.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/1

The version number of my bglmanx.dll file is 2.8.1.1

Thank you,

Aaron
http://tinypic.com/r/14ocdgp/5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:28:37 am »
The version number of my bglmanx.dll file is 2.8.1.1

This means you haven't the latest version (2.9.0.0), which is not normally possible, since all the installers, even the old ones, are getting it automatically from the internet so, either you haven't launched the installers, or another product like an antivirus or an anti-spyware has blocked the download.

Repeat the Stand-Alone Addon Manager install and, if you are still getting 2.8.1.1 after the install, then it's sure the problem is the antivirus.

Try to download again the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, this includes the 2.9.0.0 version internally, so it should work even if your download gets blocked.

airforce806

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »
Should I install the Stand Alone Manager first and then my airports one at a time with Zurich at the very end?

airforce806

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:59 pm »
I just installed the stand alone addon manager 2.9.0.0.  I opened up FSX and no menu addon menu in fsx.  I checked to ensure that windows defender was off and that the fire wall was off as well.  I also do not have any antivirus on my system.  After restarting my pc i went ahead and installed KJFK (downloaded from the site yesterday) thinking that the addon manager didn't come up since I hadn't had any airports installed yet.  When I tried starting FSX the same original problem persists.  It begins to boot, I see the Microsoft Flight Simulator begin to load to the main menu, then shuts down without any error message.  I have run windows update and all files are said to be up to date. 

I have just uninstalled both the addon manager and KJFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 03:22:53 pm »
That the Stand-Alone Addon manager doesn't work, it's not normal at all, it should display even if you don't have any sceneries.

And, I've just tried the JFK installer that is online, and it works without any problems so, if FSX shuts down, the only possible explanation is that your antivirus is not really off, and it's blocking the download.

Are you sure you have the current version of the JFK installer, which is 1.2.4 ? The version number is displayed when the installer starts. If not, download it again, and be sure you *download* AND *install* with the antivirus entirely off.

airforce806

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:57:06 pm »
I am sure I have the latest JFK installer. I had downloaded and installed yesterday. If I had installed the latest stand alone adding manager just by itself and it still didn't show up in fsx, what could I troubleshoot. I know the software works as thousands use it without problems. Just trying to get it figured out as I love the scenery.

Thanks,

Aaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:47 pm »
I am sure I have the latest JFK installer. I had downloaded and installed yesterday.

Have you checked the version number ? Please verify it's 1.2.4.

airforce806

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »
Yes, the correct JFK version of 1.2.4 is in fact The version being installed. Would you recommend I put in the fsx disc and try to run a repair? Fsx does start and run fine when the addon manager and fsdt airports are not installed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:53:44 pm by airforce806 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
The FSX repair should in theory fix the issue of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager not displaying, but FSX shouldn't quit to desktop with JFK.

airforce806

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 08:06:08 pm »
Could my installation of REX 2.0 cause any issues with the stand alone manager or airport scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:22 pm »
There was once a version of the REX 2.0 installer that corrupted the XML file:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/256461-rex-20-corrupted-my-exexml-for-ut2/

I hope they fixed it, but maybe you haven't updated the installer ?