Author Topic: System Change: no more FSDT-Airports  (Read 18462 times)

bigzig

Re: System Change: no more FSDT-Airports
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 12:40:51 pm »
Okay, next step! It's horrible...

I made the role-back, only the FSX with ACC and SDK is installed now. Back to the roots.

Now:
I've made all Windows Updates - Reboot
I've installed LSZH -Reboot
I've installed the Stand-Alone-Addonmanager - reboot

FSX-Start - oh what a (little) miracle - the FSX comes up
Select Zurich - NO BUILDINGS -
NO MenĂ¼ Extras - no Addon-Manager

What now ....

I've read the thread from Aaron - seems I'm not the only one with similar problem. Why is this so hard.....

M.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:52 pm »
You shouldn't do a roll back, it's a very risk procedure, and I haven't suggested to do that.

You said FSX runs, have you been ASKED permission to run the Addon Manager ?

bigzig

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »
No, I wasn't asked....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »
I don't know how to get the openal32.dll back again, don't know where it is and I don't want to download it from any side out of the internet. I've looked on the ASUS website from where I got my audio driver - it's the newest one and I will re-install it. No more audio device in use.

I haven't said the openal32.dll is missing, it's not, because it's INCLUDED in the Addon Manager installer, and you should see it in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

I've said that the openal32.dll ERROR is due to a problem with audio drivers, not installed, not properly installer or not corrupted for any reason. You can't suggest we should include audio drivers too, you are supposed to keep all your drivers updated.

In fact, I guess that after you reinstalled the audio drivers, that error has gone, right ? And, now you said in your other message that FSX IS starting now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »
No, I wasn't asked....

1) Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager and (IMPORTANT) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?" that are made at the end.

2) Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager and pay attention if you have been asked permission to run it.

Be sure you are using the *current* version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, which is 2.9.0.0, the version is displayed when the installer starts, if you don't have that version, download it again.

bigzig

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »
Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager and (IMPORTANT) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?" that are made at the end.

Done

Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager and pay attention if you have been asked permission to run it.

Done I've been asked

using the *current* version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, which is 2.9.0.0

Used the right one...
Rebooting after each step.

Start the FSX - beeing asked fo permission (twice) - ok - Select Flight - Airport LSZH
No buildings.....No Extras-Menu -> No Addon-Manager

??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »
Start the FSX - beeing asked fo permission (twice) - ok - Select Flight - Airport LSZH
No buildings.....No Extras-Menu -> No Addon-Manager

Don't change anything, and do the simconnect.ini diagnostic again, and post again a screenshot with the first lines.

bigzig

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »
Here...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:37 pm »
Ok, we are getting there, the message says the Addon Manager failed to load because "Missing dependencies" so, at least we know the problem is your Windows installation.

Unfortunately, the diagnostic doesn't say exactly *what* .dll are missing from your Windows installation, so we can only guess, the most likely case are the Visual C++ libraries, that are being installed by the Addon Manager and by the scenery installers, but maybe have become corrupted in your system.

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update AGAIN and update again, including the optional downloads, because Windows Update might find updates/fixes for those libraries too.

bigzig

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »
There is one Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistrubutable - 10.0.30319 ?
Remove, too?

bigzig

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »
after removing everything related to VS2005,

I should learn to read.....

bigzig

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »
HALLELUJA !!!

Gotcha!!

Everythings's fine - what a hard birth  ;D

But how can a Layman that understand ? Ok

Many thanks to you for your patience and understanding. I now install the other Airports after downloading the most actual files.

Hope it will not be necessary to consult you again

Greetings from Germany
Martin

bigzig

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:06 pm »
Don't close the thread - sorry!
Just installed Geneva - worked fine.
After this KJFK.
Start FSX - it didn't come up....
I do it again from the beginnung and give you info...

M.

bigzig

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »
Well - here the News from Germany.

After the installation of KJFK failed, I uninstalled first only the Airport, without couatl and addonmanager.
Result: the FSX didn't come up again.

So I started from the beginning, uninstalled Geneva and Zurich, too and started the new installation with Zurich like we did before.
Same problem - after the Zurich installation (and after reinstallation of the addonmanager) the FSX didn't come up again.
No chance for a screenshot, sim.ini could not run.

So, I reinstalled the former downloaded VisualC-Files again, installed Zurich and the Addon-Manager and...
....it works again, the same with Geneva.

I suppose, the installation file of KJFK must change anything in the system during installation, maybe the C++-parts.

I cannot try it the same again, I stop and use only Zurich and Geneva. Please check this and try to solve it.
I'm really tired of testing and trying since 3 days now - and it only should be a hobby....
Attached the cmd-file of the actual situation....

Martin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:45:01 pm by bigzig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »
Try to install Zurich (latest version, current installer) as last.