Author Topic: System Change: no more FSDT-Airports  (Read 18461 times)

bigzig

System Change: no more FSDT-Airports
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:43:35 am »
Am I stupid?? Am I not able to do the most normal procedures?
It makes me crazy-crazy-crazy !!!

I changed my system from XP Prof. to Win7 64Bit. I former used LSZH-LSGG-KJFK-KDFW and I intended to buy more of them. They all worked well on my old system, with FSX, too.

My new installation is nearly complete, no problems at all, except - the FSDT-Airports.

I've tried them all to install. First the errors with bglmanx.exe, then no buildings, never seen a Addon-Manager in my menü though made the download of the stand-alone version and installed it. The only thing I see is the couatl-Folder without any function in my fsx.

After installing the ZurichX-File again (the newest downloaded...) the FSX didn't launch again. OK - de-installing again.
I'm fed up with it !!!

Can anyone show me the steps to bring alive the Software I've bought and payed???

By the way: I have no Virus Program installed, all Folders have the right permissions and I've searched through all relating topics here in the forum and tried a lot. Anything else?

I hope for help!

Martin

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:56:05 am by bigzig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: System Change: no more FSDT-Airports
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19:28 pm »
You are not saying WHAT "bglmanx errors" you got. How are we supposed to help you, if you are not saying what's happening ?

bigzig

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »
Well, Umberto, that's not easy to explain, because first of all I did a lot of tryings following the threads here in the forum, among other things you have posted to this theme, f.e. to delete some files manually a.s.o..
The problem started with this error (bglman.dll), but after scrabbling in those things this error didn't come again, therefor the problem with non-visible Addon-Manager or couatl in my FSX-Menü.

Sorry, but I'm really at the end of my patience after spending more than 10 hours now in this issue.

Ok, what exactly do you have to know? I've de-installed all of it in the meantime, have a fresh-installed FSX Accel. and a Win7 Home.

I calm down and - tnx for your patience...

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »
Try to run a Windows Update to ensure you have all the latest windows fixes first.

Then, do the following:

- install any scenery, using the current installer.

- uninstall it, replying YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the "Couatl script engine ?" - Reply Yes to both questions.

- reinstall it and check you are asked if you want to authorize the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, and reply YES to both questions. Be sure you *are* asked the question.

bigzig

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »
Well: all Windows Updates are downloaded and installed (yesterday during Basic Installation)
Now I describe the handling I do just this moment:

-Installed ZurichX (as Administrator)
- First question: zurichx_setup: ok
-Files have been extracted, installation starts

Oh - here's a new message:

"...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml Error on line 59 pos.20
Ungültig auf der obersten Ebene des Dokuments
Your \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml has not been modified by this installer

Next Question:
Since your dll.xml was already corrupted, do you want to create a new one?

Well-I said: yes

Old one renamed as dll.xml.addonmanager.xml
I clicked "OK"
Setup finished

I start the FSX - "Do you want to start the Software Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX"
OK
Should this software named as "Trusted"? (my translation from german)
OK
I start the FSX - "Do you want to start the Software Addon Manager for FSX"
OK
Should this software named as "Trusted"? (my translation from german)
OK
Hmm, no FSX appears, it has shut down without any message.

Now: uninstall it!
- Want remove ZurichX? yes --> is removed
- want remove AddonManager? yes --> removed
- want remove CouatlEngine? yes --> removed

Restart the PC

zurichx_setup.exe --> execute as Admin
during install I see
MS Visual C++ 2005 and bglman and couatl being installed - but no question for anything.
Setup finished

Starting the FSX:
"build new database for new sceneries  "

Will you execute "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX" -> yes (trusted) yes
Will you excute "Addon Manager" --> yes (trusted) yes

End of the show: FSX said byebye, it shuts down
Try to start again - no chance.

So - it's your turn. My next step would be to uninstall again, so that I can use my FSX again :(

Martin

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:44:40 pm by bigzig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »
The first problem with the dll.xml file, was because the file was already corrupted, which means your FSX wasn't clean, and the setup for another addon must have been corrupted it.

However, it's not really a problem because, as you can see, the installer will check this *before* trying to touch it, offering to create a new one that will surely work, and in fact it worked, because you were asked permission to run the Addon Manager, meaning the dll.xml problem was fixed.

If FSX shut down without any message, this can be due only because of the following:

- There's a mixup between files of the Addon Manager from different versions. Since this can't normally happen, because they are always downloaded online, so they are always the latest version, the only possible cause of this, is that some security program like antivirus or antispyware, has blocked the download, so you are not getting the most current version.

OR

- You are still missing some needed Windows system libraries, but a Windows Update should fix this.

OR

- You don't have the Esellerate library, or the version you have it's old or corrupted, maybe another addon has installed an older version. Check if you have this file:

C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll

If you have it, remove it and reinstall the scenery again, so it should put the correct version there. If you don't have it, it's not normal, since the scenery installer should put it there.

bigzig

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
There's a mixup between files of the Addon Manager from different versions. Since this can't normally happen, because they are always downloaded online, so they are always the latest version, the only possible cause of this, is that some security program like antivirus or antispyware, has blocked the download, so you are not getting the most current version.

Nearly unpossible. Till today I've installed only GlobalX, Switzerland Prof, ActiveSky, RealEnvironmX, PMDG 737 and WilcoAirbusses.

- You are still missing some needed Windows system libraries, but a Windows Update should fix this.
No, completely actual - yesterday and this morning updated

- You don't have the Esellerate library, or the version you have it's old or corrupted, maybe another addon has installed an older version. Check if you have this file:C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll
If you have it, remove it and reinstall the scenery again, so it should put the correct version there. If you don't have it, it's not normal,
since the scenery installer should put it there

I've found that file and removed it. But after re-installing again the same shit - FSX doesn't start up - look the comment above....

Edit:
I searched for the bglmanx.dll and had a look in the dll.xml.
There stands the following line: <Path>bglmanx.dll</path>

The bglmanx.dll is located at c:\ProgramFiles\....etc.

Could that be a problem?

Edit 15:20:
ZurichX uninstalled again: Now my FSX misses the Extras-Menü - with the Addons (FSUIPC etc.)
<grrrrrrrrr>

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:30:19 pm by bigzig »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 04:24:23 pm »
Nearly unpossible. Till today I've installed only GlobalX, Switzerland Prof, ActiveSky, RealEnvironmX, PMDG 737 and WilcoAirbusses.

Fact you were able to install other addons, doesn't mean anything, and antivirus might still have blocked the download of the *Addon Manager* files, creating the mismatch between versions.

Can you right-click on the bglmanx.dll file in your FSX root, select "Properties", select "Details", and check the version number ?

About the DLL.XML, that it WAS corrupted it's a fact. That the Wilco installer can corrupted it, is also very well known:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330232-wilco-corrupts-xml-file/
http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Note that, it's not entirely correct the Wilco installer "corrupts" the XML file, it's the *PMDG* installer that, if run after Wilco one, will get confused by the change of CR/LF characters, which shouldn't really be a problem.

In fact, our installer works either way and it's not being confused, but it WILL report a file corrupted by ANOTHER installer that ran before and WAS confused by the Wilco installer...

No, completely actual - yesterday and this morning updated

Have you run a full update AFTER installing one of our sceneries ?

I searched for the bglmanx.dll and had a look in the dll.xml.
There stands the following line: <Path>bglmanx.dll</path>

The bglmanx.dll is located at c:\ProgramFiles\....etc.

Could that be a problem?

No, because the line Path is relative to the FSX path, so that's correct. And, of course, because you HAVE been asked permission to run the Addon Manager

ZurichX uninstalled again: Now my FSX misses the Extras-Menü - with the Addons (FSUIPC etc.)

This because, when the installer found your ALREADY corrupted DLL.XML file, and offered a choice to create a new one from scratch, the new one doesn't contain anything except the Addon Manager line. The installer hasn't said it would have "fixed" your already-corrupted DLL.XML file, it said it will create a new one from scratch, so it can't contain all the previous modules you had before.

Note that, fact you had other addons working, it's not proof your XML wasn't corrupted. It was, but FSX is tolerant enough that in presence of a corrupted XML file, it will still load the sections not corrupted.

In any case, nothing of this matters at all with the problem you are having. As I've said in my previous message, if you ARE being asked permission to run the Addon Manager, it means your DLL.XML file it's OK!! So, stop worrying about it, because that's not the problem.

It's possible to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode, this way:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:34:00 pm by virtuali »

bigzig

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 04:58:57 pm »
Hi again,

I found Backup-Files in my folder for the dll.xml and the exe.xml, both with the ending "Before_Addon_Manager". I changed them with the present *.xml's and the FSX is working again, the Extra-Menue is shown again.
So the simconnect.ini only displays a running FSX

So, why should I not believe it depends all on AddonManager, Couatl, Esselerate a.s.o. a.s.o. .......

Still any ideas?

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:23:05 pm »
So, why should I not believe it depends all on AddonManager, Couatl, Esselerate a.s.o. a.s.o. .......

You still don't seem to understand, please read this CAREFULLY again:

when the installer found your ALREADY corrupted DLL.XML file, and offered a choice to create a new one from scratch, the new one doesn't contain anything except the Addon Manager line. The installer hasn't said it would have "fixed" your already-corrupted DLL.XML file, it said it will create a new one from scratch, so it can't contain all the previous modules you had before.

Note that, fact you had other addons working, it's not proof your XML wasn't corrupted. It was, but FSX is tolerant enough that in presence of a corrupted XML file, it will still load the sections not corrupted.

In any case, nothing of this matters at all with the problem you are having. As I've said in my previous message, if you ARE being asked permission to run the Addon Manager, it means your DLL.XML file it's OK!! So, stop worrying about it, because that's not the problem.

Your problem is that you are mixing TWO entirely different issues:

1) Your XML file WAS corrupted BEFORE installing the Addon Manager, and I already explained what might have caused it (PMDG installer confused by the Wilco installer, see previous links on the PMDG site and Avsim for proof )

Because of this, the Addon Manager installer asked if you wanted to create a new file from scratch, which obviously doesn't contain all the other modules you installed before. That's why it ASK if you want to do that, and it DOES create a backup!

2) The Addon Manager doesn't run. This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the DLL.XML because, as I've said, the Addon Manager installer can create a correct DLL.XML As I've said, if you HAVE being asked permission to run the Addon Manager, it's means YOUR XML IS FINE!!

So, please, for the 3rd time, stop pretending the XML could be a problem, or the Addon Manager installer could have created a problem to it. It's other installers (again, see my previous reference on the pmdg site about problems with the Wilco installers) that corrupted, and the Addon Manger installer has created a new file, which works, and it's working.

So, again, don't confuse the two issues, because they don't have anything to do, and the XML file is NOT A PROBLEM.

Instead, simply follow what you have being asked to do:

So the simconnect.ini only displays a running FSX

The Simconnect.ini doesn't display anything. If you edited it correct as I've instructed, you should see a SEPARATE TEXT WINDOW with many lines scrolling. Check the first 10 lines, and post them here.

bigzig

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »
Hallo Umberto,

first of all: tnx for your patience, I see, I was a little bit too fast within my anger, but it was hard for me to understand that anything what worked 3 days before will not work anymore. You do a very good job and I want to say sorry for my eagerness. I'm sure we will fix it (you will....).

I will do it how you told me, but 2 more questions to make it right:

I have now uninstalled of it. So I suppose I should make another installation and THEN run the simconnect.ini - right?

When the FSX is running, the lines in the command window pass to fast - is there a command to stop page per page (like the /p command former)?

Today for the last time - PROMISED!

With thanks
Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 07:09:37 pm »
When the FSX is running, the lines in the command window pass to fast - is there a command to stop page per page (like the /p command former)?

You can press the "Pause" on the keyboard, as fast as possible.

bigzig

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 06:29:38 am »
Good Morning, dear Retriever,

I afraid we have still some steps to go.

Yesterday I rolled back and used my backup to the point with the minimum installed programs on my PC. See the attached files showing my status (program1+2).
At that point I tried first to install ZurichX, the file I downloaded yesterday from the FSDT-Homepage. It results in the same way as before - the FSX didn't start up. Uninstalling again.

Then I tried the same with KJFK - same results.

After that, I used my "old" file from Geneva LSGG. The installation was normal. After starting the FSX the errror message (error.jpg) appears. After clicking OK the FSX starts up normal. Selecting Geneva Airport it comes up in the known way - without buildings.

The "pause"-Button" has no function to stop the display of the cmd-File, I also tried <Ctrl+S> - the only thing was to make a hardcopy of the screen as fast as possible, but there is not much to see.

I stay at this point in the moment till I hear from you again, I don't install anything else so that we have the same base.
I hope we will get it - I want to have a lot of your airports, so it MUST work!

Greetings
Martin

Remark: Its Win 7 Home Premium....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:24 am »
The openal32.dll error is due to missing or not installed sound drivers. Try to update your sound drivers and only use the current version of our installers.

After you updated your sound drivers, try to install the Stand-Alone Manager after the sceneries.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:33:14 am by virtuali »

bigzig

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »
I don't know how to get the openal32.dll back again, don't know where it is and I don't want to download it from any side out of the internet. I've looked on the ASUS website from where I got my audio driver - it's the newest one and I will re-install it. No more audio device in use.

Just in this moment I make a recory of my system back to 8th of January where only the FSX, FSX SDK, SDK SP1a, Acc and SDK SP2 were installed nothing else.
Then I try to install your airports - we will see.....

M.