FSDreamTeam forum
April 17, 2014, 04:59:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GSX Released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New GSX Screenshot - Multiple service vehicles  (Read 11768 times)
Koyaan

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that GSX uses the AES intelliscene files for door position etc. Is this still the case? I hope not, because that would spoil my idea about having them both work together.

The fact that GSX uses AES intelliscene files it's not what might prevent to use them together. You can use an intelliscene file with or without AES active and with or without AES being installed (you can just download existing intelliscene files)

However, there are 3 different levels of airplane support in GSX:

- If there's only an aircraft.cfg, this is the poorest form of support, if there's nothing better, GSX will figure out doors in some way, but they will not very precise.

- If there is an intelliscene.cfg, GSX will prefer that one compared to nothing at all, which will improve the recognition quality

- If the airplane is recognized by GSX for being present in its internal database, this will take the priority over every other method, since our database has more information than the intelliscene file.

Our internal database includes all default airplanes, plus all PMDG (747, MD11 and 737NGX), Aerosoft Airbus X, All Wilco/Feelthere Airbus and 737, CS 767, Qualitywings, DA Fokker, the iFly 737, Flight1 ATR and MD80, FS Labs Concorde, and Wilco A380.

The internal airplane database is automatically updated online, and you'll get notification of updates (a check is made every 24 hours), that will self-install while FSX is running, without needing an FSX restart.

Thanks Virtuali for this very detailed explanation of the inner workings of GSX. And i'm very, very happy with the last option, the internal database and its priority over the other methods.

This way i assume i can take the default Cessna intelliscene file and use it for PMDG's 737, with only the front left door correct configured? And thus AES airbridges will connect without any AES vehicles (showing or connecting). And I can blank out the 'good ol and dirty' AES marshaller by making its texture transparent and AES sounds by replacing them with silent wave files, except the airbridge sound of course  Cheesy

Thanks again, looking very much forward to this product.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:19:19 PM by Koyaan » Logged
johndrago

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

Our internal database includes all default airplanes, plus all PMDG (747, MD11 and 737NGX), Aerosoft Airbus X, All Wilco/Feelthere Airbus and 737, CS 767, Qualitywings, DA Fokker, the iFly 737, Flight1 ATR and MD80, FS Labs Concorde, and Wilco A380.

The internal airplane database is automatically updated online, and you'll get notification of updates (a check is made every 24 hours), that will self-install while FSX is running, without needing an FSX restart.

Please don't forget the LDS 767.

Thanks,

John
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »

Please don't forget the LDS 767

It's already in, just forgot to mention it, because it's using a very simple door assignment.

Fsdreamteam official Facebook page
theshack440

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »

That sounds great and very user friendly. If there are planes later on that we would like covered but are not, is there a way to request them (or just use the forums)?

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

If there are planes later on that we would like covered but are not, is there a way to request them (or just use the forums)?

Yes, of course, when we'll open the GSX support section, there will be plenty of threads about adding new airplanes and airports.

Simjockey

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »

This is an exciting product - can't wait!

If I have a simple airport - no parking spots, just a runway, and I add some taxiways and parking spots - will the GSX Marshaller and service vehicles respond to my added spots?

Regards,
Sim.
theshack440

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »

If there are planes later on that we would like covered but are not, is there a way to request them (or just use the forums)?

Yes, of course, when we'll open the GSX support section, there will be plenty of threads about adding new airplanes and airports.

Great to hear, Umberto. Thank you.

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations
Silverbird

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »

Sounds good.  Smiley

Cesar

Intel I5-2500K 3.3GHz @4.7 Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 B3 Corsair A-50 
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3 1600 Seagate 500 HD Antec truepower trio 550
PNY 460 GTX 1GIG Acer 23 LED WIN 7 64BIT FSX X accel
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »

If I have a simple airport - no parking spots, just a runway, and I add some taxiways and parking spots - will the GSX Marshaller and service vehicles respond to my added spots?

Absolutely.

In fact, with simpler airports it's even more likely it will work straight away without big issues like possible clashes with static ground vehicles, which is something that usually are only found in detailed 3rd party airports.

Basically, as long as your airport has a proper AFCAD without obvious errors, GSX will work with it.

NZEddy

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »

What if the afcad had the plumbing technique? How would GSX work with that? Example: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=CYYJ
TuiflyX3

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »

so how is the status?...ngx already in? Grin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »

As I've wrote in my previous message:

Our internal database includes all default airplanes, plus all PMDG (747, MD11 and 737NGX),

TuiflyX3

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »

As I've wrote in my previous message:

Our internal database includes all default airplanes, plus all PMDG (747, MD11 and 737NGX),

that with the ngx was more a joke, sure the bestaddon ever developed is in..focus was on the release status Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: