Author Topic: Framerates  (Read 19281 times)

Nic

Framerates
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:00:52 am »
Hi Guys
 I am thinking about getting the fantastic looking KORD for FS9.
 But firstly I would like to know how framerates etc are when using this addon airport, many times I've purchased scenery and been disappointed with the framerates that these addon airports incur.

I have Flytampa KSFO, KMDW, KSEA, KSAN & Cloud 9 KLAX, these scenerys run at about 20-25FPS in fairweather conditions which is acceptable to me. So, if it is not too much trouble can some of you guys who are running KORD let me know your opinions on framerates please.

My Specs-

guysGraphics Card:Leadtek 7600GT 256 AGP
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800 venice
Mainboard: K8N-NEO2
Memory: Hynix 2gig DDR PC3200
Soundcard: Audigy 2 SB ZX, P5800 Speakers
PSU: FSP Blue Storm 500W

Many thanks Guys.

thepilot

Re: Framerates
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:08:20 am »
Try it out  ;)

WAD3

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 03:23:17 am »
My frames have been awful at KORD and I am not sure why. I have the Cloud 9 KLAX and Amsterdam which was done by this group and I get good frames. I have Zurich and DCA also which are smaller Airports but again Great Frames. EDDF and EGLL by simwings and all the Fly Tampa Airports and I get good frames. I am really confused why at KORD I am suffering. I really have to drop my AI but not at the other Airports mentioned. Nighttime is really bad. This is mainly with Level D and PMDG aircraft. The Aeroworx King Air is not bad but still not as good as other Airports. I wonder if anyone has any Ideas on whats going on.

Intel PIV 3.6mhz
nvidia Ge Force Go 7800GTX 256mb
2Gb RAM
Win XP
Andrew

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 10:18:46 am »
My frames have been awful at KORD and I am not sure why. I have the Cloud 9 KLAX and Amsterdam which was done by this group and I get good frames. I have Zurich and DCA also which are smaller Airports but again Great Frames. EDDF and EGLL by simwings and all the Fly Tampa Airports and I get good frames. I am really confused why at KORD I am suffering. I really have to drop my AI but not at the other Airports mentioned. Nighttime is really bad. This is mainly with Level D and PMDG aircraft. The Aeroworx King Air is not bad but still not as good as other Airports. I wonder if anyone has any Ideas on whats going on.

Intel PIV 3.6mhz
nvidia Ge Force Go 7800GTX 256mb
2Gb RAM
Win XP

Kord and Zurich have same frame rate the difference is only for the AI numbers, please verify on Kord if another scenery is active.

Alessandro.

Harald

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:37:26 pm »
Same problem here. But this frame rate drop occurs also with the KORD default scenery. Wasnt this an initial FS9 problem, that in some areas heavy frame rate drops occured i.e. KORD. I can remember that there were a lot of discussuions going around about this problem. I dont think its an problem of the new scenery - must be FS itself even after 9.1

Harald 

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 07:44:06 pm »
I am lucky to say that I have had the reverse effect with KORD. I was getting about 10-15 FPS with the Default, and with FSDT KORD, I am getting 22-30FPS (sometimes even higher pending time of day).
 ::)
Jonathan
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

WAD3

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:49:05 am »
I cant find anything active. I have truly looked with no results. Other than FT Midway I have nothing in the area. Kord tweak was changed so I am not sure what is going on.

Andrew
Andrew

M-Sauce

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 10:06:24 am »
Do you have Nick's AI and Aircraft smoke installed??

I installed this add-on, then added the required entries to all my AI and it really killed my FPS at the busy airports. I ended up removing the Fx files and leaving the entries in my aircraft. For example, before smoke, I was getting 20-30 FPS at EGLL. After, it drooped down to 13-15 FPS. Chicago was the same. Obviously, the more AI aircraft at an airport, the more it bogged down.

Moral of the story is, if you have lots of AI and you are running it with Nick's smoke effects then try disabling the smoke effect files and see how it runs.

If you have no clue about what I'm talking about, then don't worry about it.  :)

Mariano

WAD3

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »
I dont think I have the smoke effect? I have been adding world of AI packages and removing my Ultimate Traffic Airlines one by one. If it's included in any of there packages I dont know where to look. I guess my frustration is I dont have the problem at othere airports so I keep trying to find the thing in Chicago that is hanging me up.

I hope no one on the team thinks I dont think KORD is amazing , IT IS! I just have a small problem and I hope to get some ideas on what my problem is. Thanks

Andrew
Andrew

EDDK

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 06:41:59 pm »
Mariano thank you for your post! i think i´m in trouble with nick´s ai jet exhaust beacuse my frames at KORD (and EGLL like you said) dropped down to 7-9 FPS! How can i dissable the smoke effect? Do i have to change all cfg. entries????  :-\

Harald

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 08:41:43 pm »
Mariano,
you really made my day. I deleted the files in the Effects folder. No big change. Then I went through all the aircraft config files and deleted the smoke files ( 2hrs job) - but this changed the situation. Thank god, Im back to normal ops now. What a difference. Thanks for this hint. This FS thing sometimes drives me crazy. I would have never thought that there might be a problem with these files. Thanks again and all the best.
Harald

Attn EDDK (kommst Du etwa auch aus Köln ?)

You have to delete the fx_nicksmoke files in the FS9 effects folder AND in the cfg file of your AI aircrafts
Good Luck

EDDK

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 10:15:38 pm »
Attn EDDK (kommst Du etwa auch aus Köln ?)

You have to delete the fx_nicksmoke files in the FS9 effects folder AND in the cfg file of your AI aircrafts
Good Luck

Harald, thank you for your tip! i start working now with effects folder etc. exactly as you said.

jau bin auch aus Köln! what are the odds (so ein Zufall!)  ;)

EDDK

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 11:36:35 pm »
hm... cannot confirm that it works. Frames constantly at 5-9 FPS! I wonder what i´ve adjusted with my settings!? in the beginning frames at KORD were @20-25!  ???

Harald

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 10:36:52 pm »
Sorry to hear that it didnt work for you. On my system the smoke files were the killer. With a mix of My Traffic and WOAI set at 90 my old AMD XP 3200 CPU is giving me an relativ smooth sim. All other settings
at or close to max. keep posting what the outcome of your T/S will be.

Harald

EDDK

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 01:23:11 pm »
i found a solution, which has nothing to do with these smoke files. in my case the anti aliasing was the problem, it was too hard for my system. with nhancer i was able to handle my graphic settings better and now everything´s fine except for a glimmer-effect at my ai traffic on far distances!  :-[