Author Topic: FS9 Crashing when loading KORD  (Read 5284 times)

hilds434

FS9 Crashing when loading KORD
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:23:23 am »
I've posted something similar to this earlier, but haven't gotten a solution yet.  Every time I try to load KORD during the winter, spring, or fall seasons and during the day, it loads to about 55% and then boom, crash to desktop.  This is an extremely frustrating problem, because if I forget to change the season before a flight and I try to fly into O'Hare, the game simply crashes.  The only way it will work is if I select summer as the season.  Also, I have continually tried to update the scenery installers and have done the suggested removal of the bglman files and installed the stand-alone addon manager, nothing seems to alleviate this problem.

If there is anyone who knows whats causing this and/or has a solution, please let me know!

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: FS9 Crashing when loading KORD
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:32:17 am »
Your problem is relative at another scenery and a missing texture relative at the terrain, try to disable Kord FSDT and test if your FS9 crash.

Regards.

hilds434

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:17:34 pm »
Yep, all cleared up!  Thank you.  Turns out that it was some sort of texture problem with GE Pro and Ultimate Terrain.

JPM

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:15:38 am »
Hi,

Can you be more specific? I am having the same issue.

I have reduced my scenery.cfg file to default scenery + KORD, and I do have GE Pro installed. I have restored my backup textures to the sim and it no longer crashes.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy the issue so that I can still use GE Pro as well? I love GE Pro, and would rather use that than FSDreamteam KORD if it came down to it.

Thanks,
Jimmy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:39:51 am by JPM »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 12:01:57 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to remedy the issue so that I can still use GE Pro as well? I love GE Pro, and would rather use that than FSDreamteam KORD if it came down to it.

That doesn't have anything to do with KORD and it doesn't have much sense to stop using a scenery that works, because of a bug in another product. Because of the generic nature of products like GE Pro, surely this problem is happening at other places too.

The issue is probably a customized texture provided by GE Pro that gets called in the O'Hare area, that is either missing, corrupted or in the wrong format, perhaps only for a specific season. It might be also the texture is there, but with the wrong filename, so it will appear as missing, crashing the sim in the "Loading Terrain" phase.

Also, if I remember correctly how GE Pro works, the textures are copied from its own folder to the FS9 one using an external utility, to choose themes, etc. Maybe it's just a bug of that program, that doesn't copy all files, maybe only with a certain theme.