Author Topic: ParkMe and YouControl with Aerosoft AES  (Read 4731 times)

WebMaximus

ParkMe and YouControl with Aerosoft AES
« on: December 25, 2011, 01:39:25 am »
I just bought this airport scenery and have Aerosoft AES activated. Is there anything special I should be aware of when using it together with AES or will everything work by itself "out of the box"?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ParkMe and YouControl with Aerosoft AES
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:52:48 am »
YouControl won't create any issues with AES, and surely not AES assistance vehicles.

And, if AES implementation at LSGG didn't add Docking system (wouldn't make much sense to do it, since the scenery already have full working ones with ParkMe function), there shouldn't be any issues with ParkMe either.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:54:57 am by virtuali »

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
Ok, thanks. Will try it out the next couple of days.

If I find myself never using the YouControl feature is it possible to delete it separately from the scenery?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:59:57 am by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:08:00 pm »
If I find myself never using the YouControl feature is it possible to delete it separately from the scenery?

And what would that accomplish ?

YouControl for a scenery is just few lines of program logic that's part of the Python script that is loaded anyway for the scenery and do the others things like ParkMe, Docking system, custom rwy lights, custom papis, etc., it doesn't affect performances in any way if you don't call it, and the scenery objects themselves that contains the animations YouControl commands would be just the same: they would take exactly the same amount of memory and have exactly the same performance hit even if it would be possible to separately remove the YouControl logic from the script.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »
I just try to keep my FSX installation as "clean" as possible and not have anything installed unless I actually need it and use it but good to know what you write here anyway.
Richard Åsberg