Author Topic: Frames down  (Read 5353 times)

Thorsten_W

Frames down
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:03:23 pm »
I bought your scenery yesterday, and first I want so say: Thank you, this schenery is so beautiful  :)

But in my FS9 version, the Frames are down at 10-14 frames, at other airports i have 26 frames  (locked at 26).
The Frames are down with or without Ai-Traffic.  Is there any way to get the frames higher ?  Thanks ahead.

Sorry for my English, I´m German  :D
Greetings from Germany!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Frames down
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:24:45 pm »
But in my FS9 version, the Frames are down at 10-14 frames, at other airports i have 26 frames  (locked at 26).The Frames are down with or without Ai-Traffic.

First, there's no way to even *start* diagnosing your issue, if you don't give us any clue about your hardware.

However, I find quite unlikely to have the scenery performing the *same* with AI or not, and with that low performances in FS9. I have better fps in FSX...

I can't say what fps you might expect, without knowing more about your system but, the simple fact you don't see any difference with traffic or not, lead to believe you have a serious configuration problem somewhere. You should see at *least* double fps with AI traffic off, if not more.

Thorsten_W

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:50:14 pm »
I´ve got 3,4 GHz, a GeForce 6600, 3GB RAM.  What else do you want to know about my Hardware ?

After playing with the setting of my VideoCard, I´ve got about 19-20 frames, but its still not satisfying.

Thanks ahead
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:24:24 am by Thorsten_W »
Greetings from Germany!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:00:56 pm »
GeForce 6600 it's definitely your bottleneck. This scenery uses a lot of hi-res textures that might not all fit in the video card memory. The difference between being able or not to fit all textures in VRAM, makes a LOT of difference in fps.

If you see an increase in fps by lowering the "Global Max Texture size" slider, this means you were exceeding your VRAM allocation, that's why fps went down so bad.

Thorsten_W

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:58:05 pm »
Lowering the "Global Max Texture size" did not help, unfortunately.  >:(

But now my whole FS9 has got only 16-20 fps, its sad
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:06:26 pm by Thorsten_W »
Greetings from Germany!