Author Topic: Tweaked AFCAD  (Read 8104 times)

Dave81

Tweaked AFCAD
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:31:14 am »
Made some changes to the afcad that work pretty good. Feel free to change anything. I did this with Airport studio.
Dave
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:17:34 pm by Dave81 »

christiaan

Re: Tweaked AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:28:00 am »
I am interested but maybe you could be more specific in what is modified.

Dave81

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 06:17:46 pm »
Sorry, was on my way out when I posted this. I added more spots at the hangars for United/United Express and American. Basically I was seeing a lot of United/United Express and American parked in spots other than their respective concourses. Now any "overflow" will be a the mx hangars instead of in cargo or general aviation spots. I also changed some of the gate gate radius's because I think a lot of them were too small causing bigger aircraft to park in the wrong places.
Dave

christiaan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »
Can I make edits to your afcad to alter a few gate sizes (noses of a couple of large aircraft in terminal building) using Lee Swordys Afcad

Programme without getting "default building" issues, or have you used another programme like ADE.

Dave81

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »
I used Airport Studio (which I highly recommend) which allows you to edit the AFCAD directly in FS. I'll take a look at those gates and make a couple more adjustments.
Dave

Dave81

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »
Here is an updated one. I've adjusted some spots at the terminals so that aircraft aren't parked partly in the terminal. I've aligned the spots with the jet bridges but keep in mind that some planes are now not parked on the lead in lines. They are however better aligned with the jet bridges and there shouldn't be any with their noses in the buildings. You can download the updated one from the first post
Dave

christiaan

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:18 am »
Thanks for your answer, my question was can I alter the original or your afcad using Lee Swordys programme as I like to "personalise" my airports. Old defunct airlines for example.

Dave81

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:37:57 am »
I would think that if all you were looking to do was change some airline codes, then using Lee Swordy's program should work. I haven't tested this though.
Dave

sticky1202

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
Be sure to back up your original AFCAD. I have a hunch you are going to have problems using Lees' program.....

Jim