Author Topic: KORD Purchase  (Read 4830 times)

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
KORD Purchase
« on: December 31, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »
Some how I am missing something. I bought the add on and have a reciept in my e-mail. Now what?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
From the product page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_oharex.html

Purchase Method

Chicago Ohare is distributed as a Try-Before-Buy product. You will freely download a Demo version, that will run for a few minutes at time (the timer restarts if you exit and enter Flight Simulator), and the Demo can be unlocked by purchasing the product

You normally download the installer first, test it, then purchase it but, even if you purchase without downloading first, it's not a problem, but you still have to download the installer, and use the "Register Serial" function from the Addon Manager menu inside FSX, using the Serial Number in your receipt.

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:44:53 pm »
Thanks, I knew there was something, this is my second download and I seem to have a problem. I decided to run Direct X and I am impressed by the fluid motion of the animaton however, I have noticed that the taxi lights appear as oblong white boxes on the ground and the overhead light pole lighting flickers off and on. Can KORD suppoprt Direct X?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »
You mean DirectX 10 ? It's best if you use DirectX 9 with OHare, which means you have to keep the "Direct X 10 Preview" option checked off in FSX.

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:08:09 am »
Thanks, will this be the same for my other add ons?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:03:02 am »
The DirectX 10 Preview is very buggy, even default FSX scenery doesn't really work well with it, so it's usually best to keep it off. The only advantage of it, is that you can use the Bloom effect without an high performance penalty, but other than that, it's not very useful.

Lots of FSX addons, are not compatible with DX10 too, but all of them works in DX9 mode, which is the default.

ottoramsaig

• Never Forgotten
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:41:04 pm »
I did notice that the ground vehicles seem to move really smooth with DirectX. After shutting it off they seemed to shutter slightly but I did get all my ground effect lighting back and progressive runway. Bring on GSX:)