Author Topic: OOM Errors  (Read 6692 times)

AaronMyers

OOM Errors
« on: March 22, 2008, 04:24:22 pm »
I and a few other people I know seem to be getting OOM errors and crashes when on final approach. Usually the sim can be loaded from an autosave and I can continue, but it's happened a couple of times and have been unable to find another add-on to blame it on. My last effort has been to remove Ultimate Terrain which I've had issues with before, and while I haven't tied it again since I thought it was odd that others I've spoken to have the same issue.

Is anyone else also seeing this?

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
Re: OOM Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:36:50 pm »
Aaron are you using the 3GB switch fix?

If not I suggest you try it. It fixed OOM errors for me.

Read this thread at AVSIM

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=263&topic_id=29646&mesg_id=29646&page=4

AaronMyers

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:57:01 pm »
I haven't tried it, but I'll give it a go. Should be flying into ORD again tonight and see if it helps.

AaronMyers

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:48:11 am »
Update:

I tried as suggested and the first test was successful. KDEN to KORD, and it was lovely. Thank you!

alexvs

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:35:13 pm »
Hi,

If I "only" have 2Gb installed, what could I do? I don't have duplicate AFCADs, Landclass folders with texture folders or any other "empty"  folders on my rig?

Regards,
Jeroen
Velserbroek
The Netherlands

AaronMyers

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:17:14 am »
I only have 2GB as well. The switch allows access to virtual memory as well as physical.   ;)