Author Topic: Pre-purchase issue Honolulu  (Read 8358 times)

GS1

Pre-purchase issue Honolulu
« on: December 12, 2011, 05:09:26 pm »
Can you help me? I installed the demo version of Honolulu today and noticed that a large number of civil airliners had been allocated parking in the military section of the airfield. To check that these could be moved to the terminal I amended the AFCAD but on returning to HNL I found that the default scenery was appearing in amongst FSDT buildings. I have retraced my steps a couple of times (uninstalling and then re-installing) to check this only happens after altering the AFCAD and that is indeed the case.

Is this simply a characteristic of the demo version which will be resolved after purchase? I would like to buy the FSDT scenery but naturally I have to be sure that I can make the gate alterations and other AFCAD changes without causing duplicate scenery to re-appear once I have done so.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Pre-purchase issue Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:20:43 pm »
Those planes you're seeing, are they AI or static?  Sounds like maybe you have your AI sliders a bit too high, in which case, AI will default to grabbing any available parking space.  Turn them down to 50% and see if the problem disappears.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

GS1

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:30:47 pm »
Thank you for your reply, they are AI traffic but that's not really the issue. My concern is that altering the AFCAD (in this case by closing the military gates) cased the default scenery to re-appear through the FSDT buildings. I had thought this might merely be a characteristic of the demo version but your reply suggests that perhaps you have not previously encountered this behaviour.       

meshman

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »
What tool did you use to edit the airport file?

GS1

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:49:09 pm »
AFCAD 2.21

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:51:54 pm »
You shouldn't use the old AFCAD program, it's not a problem of the scenery, it's a problem of the editor, that it doesn't support Exclusion zones inside a .BGL (which are absolutely standard), so you'll lose them when saving back.

Use a more modern tool like the free ADE or the commercial AFX.

GS1

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »
OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

GS1

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 12:48:06 am »
That seems to have done the trick. Most grateful for your help and will purchase now.