Author Topic: when is FSDT going to start the next poll for airport requests?  (Read 13426 times)

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
when is FSDT going to start the next poll for airport requests?
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:16:10 am »
the topic title says it all.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: when is FSDT going to start the next poll for airport requests?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38:44 am »
For several months we'll be busy doing CYVR first, and then update JFK, which means we don't really need a poll before the next summer.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:25 am »
Will you guys support FS9 for one last year than?  I know there is alot of people voting for my hometown aiport Minneapolis St. Paul International.  AES is now moving into its "next generation stage."  Once Microsoft Flight comes out i will switch to that.  Im not going for FSX.  It would be great if you guys could make MSP for Flight instead since im planning to move to that sim.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:09:41 am »
Will you guys support FS9 for one last year than?  I know there is alot of people voting for my hometown aiport Minneapolis St. Paul International.  AES is now moving into its "next generation stage."  Once Microsoft Flight comes out i will switch to that.  Im not going for FSX.  It would be great if you guys could make MSP for Flight instead since im planning to move to that sim.

I believe he will try as he mentioned in another topic.

jgoggi

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »
For several months we'll be busy doing CYVR first, and then update JFK, which means we don't really need a poll before the next summer.

What a shame, an Italian Scenery House thinking of making all possible sceneries, even in Papuasia maybe, and not making a scenery of Rome Fiumicino, their homeland, completely missing in FSX and that would be purchased by a large number of users...
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »
What a shame, an Italian Scenery House thinking of making all possible sceneries, even in Papuasia maybe, and not making a scenery of Rome Fiumicino, their homeland, completely missing in FSX and that would be purchased by a large number of users...

We haven't done any scenery in Papuasia, all our latest sceneries are in the US (Hawaii it's part of the US, and we made the smaller island airports to allow shorter flight from PHNL), and that's a market about 10x larger than Italy.

D_mitris

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 08:22:13 am »
I was hoping it would be Rome since it got the most votes. 

Can anyone recommend a good Rome Fiumicino Airport payware or freeware for fsx?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:58 am »
It seems Aerosoft will do a Rome airport.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 10:49:22 am »
It seems Aerosoft will do a Rome airport.

Yes that's correct  :)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

D_mitris

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:16:04 pm »
I see that after a few searches. Unfortunately, the beta testing is closed.  It is being developed by a Swedish company called Dreamfactory Studio for Aerosoft.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/51870-rome-fiumcino-in-development/
http://www.dreamfactorystudio.eu/index.htm

I was originally going to try the conversion of the ISD 2005 Rome since I have the file that updates it to FSX but the file is no longer on Avsim or anywhere else for that matter.
I'm guessing this is another major reason why FSDT decided to go with Vancouver as the new scenery.

What thoughts does anyone have on the Cloud 9 XCity Rome scenery.  Does this work well in FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:14 pm »
I'm guessing this is another major reason why FSDT decided to go with Vancouver as the new scenery.

Far from it, the only one possible candidate against Vancouver was KMIA, but we dropped it because it was too close to KFLL. And Rome wasn't even a 3rd choice, things like KEWR, KSEA or CYYZ are way more likely to be done in the future than FCO.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:05:01 pm »
Do you think that KMSP Minneapolis St. Paul Intl is to close to Chicago O'hare KORD?  Its a great airport.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:31:15 pm »
If that were true, someone besides Blueprint would've done it by now.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »

Far from it, the only one possible candidate against Vancouver was KMIA, but we dropped it because it was too close to KFLL. And Rome wasn't even a 3rd choice, things like KEWR, KSEA or CYYZ are way more likely to be done in the future than FCO.

KEWR will be cool  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

theshack440

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 10:08:30 pm »
KEWR will be cool  ;)

I agree. I would have to make sure that my system is capable of running it but to have the NYC area 2/3 FSDT would be incredible.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations