Author Topic: FSX Download Link Malicious?  (Read 3381 times)

Highiron

FSX Download Link Malicious?
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:51 am »
When I try to download the latest installer for KLAS, I'm getting a URL blocked, stating "Network traffic from 199.91.152.36 matches the signature of a known attack".

I turned off my anti-virus, but still get the blocked URL.

When I used the old link from my download many months ago, I get a redirect at Mediafire and once again the blocked URL. All other product URL's are fine. I'm aware of Norton360 causing false positives with the KLAS installer as well as for Hawaii 2, but I am getting blocked as soon as a connection is attempted. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Download Link Malicious?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »
Norton Antivirus 360 is the worse offender regarding to false positives.

We tried to contact them twice, sending them both our Addon Manager AND the Couatl.exe files, they replied both files don't report as threats and shouldn't be blocked by their antivirus.

This clearly proves that your problem listed to not being able to run Couatl.exe, it's a bug of your antivirus.

As I've said in the other message, you have to turn the antivirus off entirely before downloading, entirely means you should also stop any firewall, anti-spam or anything related to the internet because, if you are still getting the URL blocked, it means the antivirus is not turned off entirely.

I'm sorry but, considering the attitude of Symantec towards reports, I can only suggest to switch to a more reliable product, like the free MS Security Essentials that, other than being free, constantly updated, nicely integrated with Windows and not much resource hungry, is not so bugged to the point that needs any special configuration or care in order to use our programs.