Author Topic: Pushback Vehicles  (Read 12157 times)

Delta787

Pushback Vehicles
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:51:34 pm »
Hello there. I was just wondering if there was going to be different types of pushback tugs for different sizes of aircraft. Also, I was wondering if you could throw us a little preview of the different tugs you will be using for the aircraft, ypu know, just to wet the palette a little bit. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:14:13 pm »
Yes, of course, there are different types which are selected automatically depending on the airplane weight.

Right now we have two models (a bigger one and a smaller one) with a Towbar, and one Towbar-less, and they all feature human drivers, plus the Wingwalker that stays on the Pushback when it arrives, then steps down, walk to the airplane and act on the gear locks, does all the wingwalking up to the final pushback position, then unlocks the gears, and return on the pushback which will then return to parking.

We are planning to add new pushback vehicles soon after release, to cover more airplane types, even GA planes, with those small hand-operated models.

GSX has been very difficult to create, because it was made right from the start to be very easy to expand with new models and behaviors.

ca177

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:28:34 am »
Is the release still planned for 2011?

space_coast

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:48:52 pm »
well I hope so as well  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »
We are trying our best to release before the end of the year.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »
That doesn't sound promising.   ::)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:52:21 pm »
That doesn't sound promising.   ::)

??? I thought it sounded exactly the opposite. I mean, THIS year...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:28:31 pm »
LOL!  The "trying our best" part just didn't sound like you were confident in it happening.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
I believe that GSX will be released before the year is up ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Mark Richards

• VATSIM
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »
My experience is that FSDT software won't be released until its ready and tested and working well.  Everyone knows this has entered beta stage so obviously the beta testers need to put it through its paces.

I think it would be remiss of the FSDT team to release something before it had been tested properly because the team would spend all their time replying to silly complaints in the forums instead of getting on and getting a fantastic product fixed.

It's the old adage - measure twice, cut once - get it right as you can the first time and I'm sure rushing it out instead of getting things finished to the FSDT high standards should be the objective.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
Mark Richards
Vice President Operations - VATSIM

Delta787

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 02:28:08 am »
I have to admit, I would wait for them to make sure they have to measure three times and then cut, as I was taught at Aviation Maintenance school, to make sure that everything is correct. So guys, take your time and get it right. But I think it is cool that you guys will have different types of tugs that goes along with the weight of the aircraft. Just one more thing, are you guys going to add wing walkers later on to help out the guy on the pushback vehicles?

Snprshot3

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 02:36:37 am »
That would be so sweet. I always love watching people do that when I go to LAX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 10:47:52 am »
There's already a wingwalker now, which is doing most of the work by himself, I know they are more people involved, but this might be probably a post-release addition.

Delta787

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 05:22:42 pm »
There's already a wingwalker now, which is doing most of the work by himself, I know they are more people involved, but this might be probably a post-release addition.

I know, but it would be sweet if they add the whole crew out there, you know one on each side of the wing during pushback, the guy at the nose walking out in front of the plane after it has been pushed back and ready to taxi, I could go on and on about how it is done because I have done it a lot of times myself, but just to see it done in FSX, especially what they have already done with GSX, I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves. FSDT ROCKS!!!!  ;D

blk137

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 12:24:06 pm »
i hope it comes out before january i want this sooo bad :(