Author Topic: FSDreamteam Vancouver  (Read 10530 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
FSDreamteam Vancouver
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »
I have read the post on FSDT CYVR countless times ("Nice Place We Have Here"). I was wondering two things - Is it really happening and if so, when? I was wondering if it was happening for real and when development is starting if it is happening. Being my primary and favourite airport, I would
LOVE to have it made. Thanks! ;D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: FSDreamteam Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
It is happening for real, but as Umberto has previously mentioned, the release of GSX and the upgrades of other sceneries have priority.  They probably won't even start Vancouver until February or March.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »
Thank you so much for the reply. It really helps!

vadriver

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 05:41:45 am »
team

planning ahead for flying to CYVR, i note there seems to be no "free" downloads of TPP's which overtime are updated by navigraph in airac cycles.

any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

cheers
cheers
john

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 02:37:06 pm »
Places like Navigraph have to pay for that data, they can't afford to give it away.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 01:09:58 am »
Well this is going to get interesting now that a CYVR scenery has been released today for fs9 and maybe soon for FSX what will the response be, its free, detailed and may i dare say close to FlyTampa Quality?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 02:29:44 am »
You mean the "Addicted to Airspace" version is finally released a year late?   ::)

theshack440

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 03:26:03 am »
You mean the "Addicted to Airspace" version is finally released a year late?   ::)

Better late than never, Bruce. Of course, I will still wait for and most likely purchase fsdt's CYVR but it's nice to see this out. I certainly didn't roll my eyes when the NGX came out a year late...
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 04:10:17 am »
NGX was well worth the wait as FSDT's Vancouver will be well worth the wait. ;) :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

pmb11

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »
Well this is going to get interesting now that a CYVR scenery has been released today for fs9 and maybe soon for FSX what will the response be, its free, detailed and may i dare say close to FlyTampa Quality?

If memory serves me right, there will be no FSX version of NGX Vancouver because this would make little sense given FSDT is going to work on CYVR for FSX. But who knows, perhaps the author might rethink this decision given FSDT Vancouver will be quite far in the future.

Regards, Michael

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »
The "Addicted to Airspace" YVR does not work for FSX, as I have tested and J. gabbert has said. :( I can absolutely not wait for FSDT CYVR although in the meantime (until FSDT releases their version), it would be really awesome if someone could come up with a patch to make it work with FSX, or for those who do not want to pay the FSDT price.

As well, in the post "Nice Place We Have Here", Virtuali stated that they had ideas so that it could top LAX. Any idea what those could be? ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:04:02 pm by DMac10121 »

phenocom

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »
I have downloaded Cyvr from Addicted to Airspace and it works almost perfectly with FSX. You do not have any of the default bldgs but there are slight

anomolies in the ground textures. Also the Jetways do not move as this is not a native FSX airport. In addition My Traffic 2010 works perfectly with

his afcad (as long as the MY Traffic afcad is not used}.

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 04:40:45 am »
I have downloaded Cyvr from Addicted to Airspace and it works almost perfectly with FSX. You do not have any of the default bldgs but there are slight

anomolies in the ground textures. Also the Jetways do not move as this is not a native FSX airport. In addition My Traffic 2010 works perfectly with

Huh. I downloaded it and 26L is water (splash when into it), never seems to load, textures are blurred, 26r turns to dirt, fps are terrible and tons of CTD's, although it may just not work with my computer. Anyways, saw the preview pics and FSDT CYVR ground textures lame look like the best in FS. Period.  ;D can't wait!

phenocom

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 07:23:25 pm »

Huh. I downloaded it and 26L is water (splash when into it), never seems to load, textures are blurred, 26r turns to dirt, fps are terrible and tons of CTD's, although it may just not work with my computer. Anyways, saw the preview pics and FSDT CYVR ground textures lame look like the best in FS. Period.  ;D can't wait!

Im not saying that I will not purchase FSDT CYVR when it comes out, I have every airport they ever made and they are without a doubt the best 3rd Party Addon co , both

in Quality and in Performance which the present CYVR is sorely lacking.