Author Topic: Stutter/freeze  (Read 3597 times)

arjenboerdijk

Stutter/freeze
« on: December 10, 2011, 12:27:46 am »
Hi,

I'm suddenly having strange problems. I have never flown to LSZH on FSX. But decided to do so today. I do not have FSDT scenery of LSZH, I'm using the default scenery instead.
But when getting on final approach, something strange happened. About every 5 seconds, the sim freezes up for around a second or 2. After around 2 seconds it continues normally, until, 5 seconds later, it freezes up again. This continues all the time, until I got out of the airport area. I thought it got something to do with FSDT. And I was right, I went to LSGG, no scenery for that airport installed also, the also those same freezes happened. I'm having these freezes nowhere, only at the default airport sceneries of LSGG and LSZH. It seems that this happens because I do not have any FSDT airports installed for this area.
Why does this happen, could you help me please?

Thanks,

Arjen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stutter/freeze
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:03:40 am »
Do you have the Addon Manager installed ? If yes, try to update it to the current version, there's a method to check if you have a scenery installed, and older versions might not detect it correctly.

arjenboerdijk

Re: Stutter/freeze
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:09:05 am »
Oh, never installed a new version of addon manager, didn't think of that. Just did it and it all worked! Thanks for your fast reply!

Arjen