Author Topic: AES for KLAX?  (Read 33070 times)

ch00scd

AES for KLAX?
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:09 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Oliver Pabst has released today its newest version of AES (V2.14) but unfortunately without KLAX. As I understood, he hasn't received the appropriate files from you yet despite the fact that KLAX has been released for FS9 already some weeks ago.

Could you please let me know if you plan to send him these files so that KLAX will also be supported by AES at the latest with the next version? Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:44:12 pm by ch00scd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AES for KLAX?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:54:47 pm »
There are still some things we wanted to change in the jetways and the AFCAD, in some parkings the jetway type is not appropriate for the parking size, and we have been a bit busy right now with the O'Hare update, the Zurich update and GSX all happening at the same time, but we'll send the files as soon as possible, after we corrected all the remaining issues, that would otherwise break AES if we update the AFCAD positions/types after its release.

ch00scd

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Perfect, thanks a lot for your quick answer - I appreciate it very much.

Kind regards to Italy,

Daniel

FAlonso22

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:55 pm »
Umberto, "soon as possible" is 2011 or 2012?  :D

Dimon

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:29 pm »
Ohh.. people. Would it be possible to have it by Christmas?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

B777ER

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:59 am »
I have the FSX version so I have been waiting a willie now for AES. VERY disappointing Umberto that you all did not get the data files to Oliver. I am sure many many others feel the same way. We don't care about internal issues with the company, we would simply like to have AES for LAX as quickly as possible. Can you make this a priority?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 10:52:54 am »
VERY disappointing Umberto that you all did not get the data files to Oliver

As I've said in my previous message, there are still some things we would like to change in the jetways and the AFCAD, and this will affect AES too, meaning it will BREAK it (possibly immediately after you pay for its credits), if we release another update after AES gets support for KLAX.

I'm sorry, but we don't have the slightest intention to change the priority we have set to released OUR OWN upgrades, just because this might delay AES support a bit.

So, please, understand there's only so much we can do at the same time, which means priorities have to be set, and someone WILL be disappointed anyway: O'Hare users were rightfully demanding their promised update and they waited a lot, Zurich users are already waiting the promised Terminal B update, and it would be really too much asking to put GSX on the backburner, to make a priority supporting AES.

So, it will come, but you'll have to wait a bit.

Hernan2

• DELTA is MY Airline
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:37 am »
Hi Umberto. I'm glad to hear you are working on the AFCAD files. Now is when I feel my purchase is worth what I paid for. I am not familiar with any other program than AFCAD to adjust parking assignments, and I was getting dissapointed you were leaving it to us to use other programs, as AFCAD, is what you have with your other sceneries. I have not been able to use the scenery since I purchased it. I work at LAX and most departures and landings are to the west (toward the ocean). Not as it was in the file we all purchased. Departures and arrivals to the east are only after 11:00pm, due to noise abatement, and when the weather changes drastically, such as thunderstorms. Take offs on the north side are relegated to Runway 24L and on the south side to Runway 25R.
I'm looking forward to hear about your progress. Thanks again for your outstanding support.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:40:22 am »
I have not been able to use the scenery since I purchased it.

"Not being able to use is", it's really over the top. The scenery is obviously usable as it is now, and everyone is using without any issues.

I work at LAX and most departures and landings are to the west (toward the ocean). Not as it was in the file we all purchased. Departures and arrivals to the east are only after 11:00pm, due to noise abatement, and when the weather changes drastically, such as thunderstorms. Take offs on the north side are relegated to Runway 24L and on the south side to Runway 25R.

I'm sorry, but this can't be entirely fixed because how FS9/FSX works. It's not possible to just close a runway for takeoff/landing, the "close" flag will only affect the runway scoring with its weight, but there are other factors too, like distance from the gate (for takeoff) and of course wind.

The only way to "fix" would be altering the runways sizes, forcing Flight sim to prefer some runways, but that would mean both ends will go down in usage.

This is not really the place to explain in detail all the issues of runway selection, if you want to know more you can search or ask on fsdeveloper.com forum, were there are many AFCAD expert that will confirm this is not as simple as it sounds and we must accept Flight sim limitations.

So, the AFCAD improvements will act mostly on jetways (which is why I've said it would break AES it it was already released, but this is FSX only), parking sizes/types and perhaps airlines assignments, but not really runway usage, surely not in the way you would like it to be, because it's not really possible in FS9/FSX, unless using multiple AFCADs and switch between them.

w6kd

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »

I'm sorry, but we don't have the slightest intention to change the priority we have set to released OUR OWN upgrades, just because this might delay AES support a bit.

So, please, understand there's only so much we can do at the same time, which means priorities have to be set, and someone WILL be disappointed anyway: O'Hare users were rightfully demanding their promised update and they waited a lot, Zurich users are already waiting the promised Terminal B update, and it would be really too much asking to put GSX on the backburner, to make a priority supporting AES.

So, it will come, but you'll have to wait a bit.

Let me start by pointing out that, up to now, I have purchased all of your sceneries, including some in Europe where I don't do a whole lot of sim flying.

This unhappy latest development with AES and KLAX gives me reason to reconsider that sort of support for your company in the future.

I bought KLAX after seeing you post that support for AES was forthcoming and the files were soon on the way to Oliver...not that it was forthcoming *after everything else you might have in your queue* as you've posted here today.

And let's be clear--this is not an issue of "supporting AES"--it's an issue of supporting a significant number of YOUR customers that use your scenery in conjunction with AES.  For me, KLAX without AES is hobbled and only partially usable, and I would not have bought it at the time had your priorities been made clear.

This is, to me, like being served a nice steak in a restaurant, and then having the waiter tell me he doesn't plan to serve the rest of my meal until every other customer in the restaurant is served.  Yeah, it's a great steak, but without the side dishes it's not the meal I ordered or expected...and the waiter's priorities make me more focused on being angry at him than the part of the meal he already served.

Regards

Bob Scott
Colonel, USAF (ret)
ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V
Colorado Springs, CO

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »
For me, KLAX without AES is hobbled and only partially usable, and I would not have bought it at the time had your priorities been made clear.

I think Virtuali's priorities have always been clear... When GSX was announced, he made it clear that it would receive priority over AES, and he was very clear that if the FS9 version of LAX wasn't released, there would be no AES support.  If you use FSX and purchase GSX, I doubt you'll miss AES at all.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 04:32:37 pm »
For me, KLAX without AES is hobbled and only partially usable, and I would not have bought it at the time had your priorities been made clear.

I think Virtuali's priorities have always been clear... When GSX was announced, he made it clear that it would receive priority over AES, and he was very clear that if the FS9 version of LAX wasn't released, there would be no AES support.  If you use FSX and purchase GSX, I doubt you'll miss AES at all.

No Bruce, Bob is absolut 100% right. Well said Bob. FSX/9 is dying? You do know that XP10 and MS flight will come along soon?  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »
Yews, Bob said it well. It is the same old put off as always! Now we have to buy an update!! What's with this??? ???
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »
No Bruce, Bob is absolut 100% right. Well said Bob. FSX/9 is dying? You do know that XP10 and MS flight will come along soon?  ;)

No Bob/Lindbergh, Bruce is absolutely and 100% right: expecting that supporting AES would be our top priority BEFORE several other updates we promised long before it, and considering the imminent GSX release, is really asking too much. Nobody said we would never support AES at all, you just can't demand we put this before anything else.

But that's not the point, you keep ignoring the main part of the explanation, that we still have some issues left to fix in the AFCAD for KLAX, which will break AES if it was released starting from the current one, since it's exactly jetways positions and types we need to change, some parkings are misaligned/misplaced.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 08:34:45 pm »

No Bob/Lindbergh, Bruce is absolutely and 100% right: expecting that supporting AES would be our top priority BEFORE several other updates we promised long before it, and considering the imminent GSX release, is really asking too much. Nobody said we would never support AES at all, you just can't demand we put this before anything else.

But that's not the point, you keep ignoring the main part of the explanation, that we still have some issues left to fix in the AFCAD for KLAX, which will break AES if it was released starting from the current one, since it's exactly jetways positions and types we need to change, some parkings are misaligned/misplaced.

Hmm.. Yes it's your compagny, so U rule it... good luck Mr. Umberto when customers will run away.   :(
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1