Author Topic: After deinstallation of KLAX FS9 isn`t working anymore ...  (Read 10408 times)

DogStar

After deinstallation of KLAX FS9 isn`t working anymore ...
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:04:00 am »
Hi Folks ...

yesterday I installed KLAX, then deinstalled it because it is not performing well on my system. Since then, my FS9 is still starting, but if I choose a flight, it is stopping at 0% loading status saying, that FS9 isn`t starting anymore. What can I do now ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After deinstallation of KLAX FS9 isn`t working anymore ...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »
It can't possibly be related to KLAX in any way, it was surely just a coincidence.

KLAX doesn't change or replace ANY of the default files. If you remove the KLAX folder and (if you don't have any other FSDT or Cloud9 scenery) remove the MODULES\bglman.dll file, it will be EXACTLY as if KLAX was never there.

The only default file that the installer ever touches is the scenery.cfg, but even a problem with that one, would at the worse present you with a message about a missing area or such, surely not FS9 stopping at 0% loading.

Stopping at 0% loading, it's usually related to problems with Terrain products. As I've said, KLAX doesn't put any file outside its folder and doesn't change or replace anything default so, you can be sure the problem hasn't be caused by KLAX.

WingZ

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:04:03 am »
I seem to be caught in a loop... I uninstalled KLAX, and removed bglman.dll
My Cloud9 Phantom now won't reinstall - the sim simply refuses to start once installation is complete.
Any advice? it is presumably related to bglman.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:43 am »
My Cloud9 Phantom now won't reinstall - the sim simply refuses to start once installation is complete.Any advice? it is presumably related to bglman.dll

You shouldn't use an old Cloud9 installer you might have. Use only the FSDT installer.

WingZ

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:34 am »
Thank you, I managed to install the Phantom.
Now, when FS9 starts, there is a message about duplicate FSUIPC.
The sim then closes down.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:56 pm »
Now, when FS9 starts, there is a message about duplicate FSUIPC.The sim then closes down.

This doesn't have anything to do with any of our stuff, we don't use, don't install, don't require and are not affected at all by FSUIPC, the problem must have been caused by something else that installed FSUIPC.

WingZ

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »
I ran filemon while starting the sim, and the problem does seem to revolve around bglman.dll
I assume the FSDT installer is writing registry entries which get confused with something else.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/bglman.jpg

A system restore seems to be the only way to get the sim back.
The problem surfaced after installing/uninstalling KLAX.
I am deeply saddened by the loss of my beloved C9P of course, and would like to get it back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:23:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:03 pm »
I ran filemon while starting the sim, and the problem does seem to revolve around bglman.dll

Your test only indicates that the FS9.EXE process is reading from bglman.dll, which is quite normal, since it's bglman.dll it's an FS9 plugin that is being loaded by FS9 so, obviously FS9 will read it at some stage.

Your test doesn't indicate the problem with FSUIPC has any relationship whatsoever with bglman.dll

A system restore seems to be the only way to get the sim back. The problem surfaced after installing/uninstalling KLAX.

The problem is not caused by the Addon Manager or KLAX, and the proof is EXACTLY that FSUIPC message.

Since, as I've said already, the Addon Manager doesn't install, don't come with, doesn't use, doesn't call, doesn't need and it's not affected or related in ANY way to FSUIPC, the simple explanation is that you have ANOTHER problem, with is affecting BOTH the Addon Manager AND FSUIPC, which are both "victims" of the problem, and none of them is the cause.

Could you just remove the bglman.dll file from the MODULES folder, and see if you still have the FSUIPC error ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:53:15 pm by virtuali »

WingZ

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 04:32:41 am »
The sim is fine on removing bglman.dll

Interestingly, there is indeed a copy of FSUIPC lurking in the \Modules\ASv6 folder.
I assume Active Sky generated one at some point, but this has never created any issues.
To be safe, I removed the duplicate FSUIPC.

I then ran the Cloud9 Phantom installer, which repaired a previous install.
(and put back bglman.dll)
The sim froze on opening screen, created a dumpreport, and exited.

You mention using the FSDT installer, I'm not sure why or where to find it?
Did it in some way alter my existing C9P installation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
You mention using the FSDT installer,

So that's why you are having problems all along: you are still using the Cloud9 installer, after I told you quite clearly you have to use the FSDT installer.

I'm not sure why or where to find it?

On our Website, under the Cloud9 page, where else ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Did it in some way alter my existing C9P installation?

Using the FSDT installer it's the only way to have old Cloud9 products working together with newer ones.

WingZ

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 10:40:10 am »
OK that's what I thought I had done previously, with no result.
Just to make sure there's no confusion then, I assume you download and install the circled link, not the entire product software?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/C9Installer.jpg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:41:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 10:45:31 am »
Just to make sure there's no confusion then, I assume you download and install the circled link, not the entire product software?

No, you need to install the Phantom using the FSDT installer, which is listed above as "FSDT installer". Yes, under normal conditions, installing the Addon Manager AFTER installing the Phantom using the Cloud9 installer should fix things, but best to try the full installer before.

And, remove the Cloud9 Phantom using its uninstaller first.

WingZ

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 05:15:26 am »
OK so if you have trouble with your sim after uninstalling KLAX, simply remove bglman.dll in the Modules folder.
If however you happen have a legacy product like my Cloud 9 Phantom, do this:

1. Back up your precius repaints
2. Uninstall the C9P
3. Download the entire product (all 95MB) and install using the FSDT Installer from
    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html
4. Copy back the repaint folders and aircraft.cfg
5. Do not despair if you start the sim and get a CTD
6. Shut down and restart your computer.
7. Start the sim.
8. Select Cloud9 Phantom... voila!

I hope this helps fellow sufferers who might have the same problem, possibly saving some considerable inconvenience.