Author Topic: Carrier Smoke  (Read 4156 times)

Johan

Carrier Smoke
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »
I have recently noticed that my Nimitz (Javier's) carriers come with an annoying cloud of smoke at the back of the boat, almost like a wake effect but vertical...Has anybody experienced such a problem? I tried to remove all my recent effects installed in the "Effect" folder, but it doesn't change.
Any help would be welcome.
Thanks,

Johan
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:43:16 pm by Johan »

mjrhealth

Re: Carrier Smoke
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »
You may find it is the wake gone crazy, i have read of others with that problem but dont know the answer

Johan

Re: Carrier Smoke
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »
You may find it is the wake gone crazy, i have read of others with that problem but dont know the answer

Hello mjr, thanks for your interest. I am working on the problem, and I think I am getting close. I believe it is associated with some .FX effect files that came with a 4-props that I recently downloaded. Once I find the answer for sure, I will post it here for others who might encounter this problem in the future.
Thanks,

Johan

Johan

Re: Carrier Smoke RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »
I recently installed in FSX this great DC-6 from California Classics (thank you, to the authors) which comes with an automatic installer. This one adds a ton of effects in your "Effect" directory, among which some wake effects for the carrier in the format "fx_wake_xx.FX". These were in conflict with the voodoo's effects on my carrier and were creating the vertical smoke. After removing them, no more smoke on my AC.

Johan