Author Topic: YouControl/ParkMe cause Couatl to crash  (Read 4636 times)

Orion

YouControl/ParkMe cause Couatl to crash
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:14 am »
Whenever I select one of the menu options in YouControl or ParkMe, Couatl crashes.

Same system info as last issue: clean install of PHNL 1.0.7, installed connected to the internet (and let it downloaded the latest Addon Manager), allowed both Addon Manager and Couatl to run at FSX startup and running Windows 7 64 bit with FSX Acceleration.

I've attached the Couatl.err file along with a screenshot of the error message I get within the simulator.

Thanks,
Orion

Edit: Also possible relevant information: I have FlightBeam's KSFO 2.0.1 installed as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:39:57 am by Orion »

hockey122332

Re: YouControl/ParkMe cause Couatl to crash
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:49:04 am »
I had that same problem last week. You just have to download the Addon Manager by it self.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:59:22 am »
As explained in many other threads about this, whenever you see such messages, you should always download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

Orion

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »
Ah, thanks.  Works perfectly.  I'm just curious, though: if the installers connect to the internet to download the latest version of the Addon Manager, what difference does downloading the stand-alone one make?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 05:41:46 pm »
The installers download only the Addon Manager/Couatl executables, not all the Python scripts, which are included only in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.