Author Topic: KORD 2.0 very low FPS  (Read 16253 times)

doudou

Re: KORD 2.0 very low FPS
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »
On KORD, I disable the active exits in the configurator of MyTraffic X. So I get 3 more FPS, what I appreciate a lot.

Jolun

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »
Hi,

I could not find any active exits in the setting for KORD. Where is these setting? I'm using 5.3.

/Jonas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »
I could not find any active exits in the setting for KORD. Where is these setting? I'm using 5.3.

It shouldn't be something related to a scenery, it's an airplane configuration option, that will act on all your AI models aircraft.cfg files, to remove the exits, thus disabling moving jetways on AI, which helps with fps.

doudou

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »
Please, search the word "exits" in the MTX Operation Manual to know more about this easy option offered by MTX (enable or disable the active exits on the AI model (I'm using 5.4).

mbell

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:56 pm »

It shouldn't be something related to a scenery, it's an airplane configuration option, that will act on all your AI models aircraft.cfg files, to remove the exits, thus disabling moving jetways on AI, which helps with fps.

If you are using My Traffic X 5.4; In the Aircraft configuator uncheck enable exits. This turns off the moving jetways and service vehicles and your frame rates will go up almost double.

Jolun

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 05:48:42 pm »
I have upgraded to 5.4 and found the setting.

Thanx

/Jonas

mbell

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:32 pm »
I have upgraded to 5.4 and found the setting.

Thanx

/Jonas

Since my last response I got a new computer. It has an i7 2600  with 12GB DDR3 RAM and a NVIDIA 560ti. I am now getting 20-40FPS at all of your airports except Chicago with sliders all the way to the right. The frame rates at Chicago are still 8.5-10. The settings with these results are the same. My Traffic X 5.4 is set to 18.

Is there something I am leaving out?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:12 pm »
It seems that most users with low frame rates are using My Traffic X.

Have you tried WITHOUT any traffic ? If you are seeing 200 airplanes, you can be sure the frame rate will go down regardless of the scenery used, but you can't blame the scenery for having so many parking stands.

mbell

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 06:05:01 am »
Hi,
Does Chicago O'Hare have more parking stands than any other FSDT Airport including Kennedy and LAX?

The reason that I am asking is because all of the other airports with the same settings get about 20+ FPS. I am trying to compare apples to apples.

I have changed FSDT airports one after the other with the same settings and same aircraft. As I mentioned the other FSDT airports get better frame rates. Just trying to understand.... Chicago is my home town airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 10:59:49 am »
Does Chicago O'Hare have more parking stands than any other FSDT Airport including Kennedy and LAX?

The reason that I am asking is because all of the other airports with the same settings get about 20+ FPS. I am trying to compare apples to apples.

Yes, about 70 more airplane parkings more than KLAX, but that's not really the only thing that counts, to really compares apples to apples, you should check which models they could handle, and evaluate how those particular models in the AI pack you use are performing.

I have changed FSDT airports one after the other with the same settings and same aircraft. As I mentioned the other FSDT airports get better frame rates. Just trying to understand.... Chicago is my home town airport.

I'll repeat the question: what frame rate you get with AI traffic turned entirely off ? That would be the easiest way to  understand AI impact on performances.

mbell

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »

This what I did.
1.I turned off (moved traffic sliders to 0) didn't see much change.

2.I moved the traffic sliders back to 18-airline, and 11 general.

The aircraft was sitting on the runway and I got side tracked; went back to look and the frame rates were 19.5-20FPS. My new system is extremely robust. I guess the problem is solved

Just a word of note: I wasn't complaining, just wanted to understand. Your sceneries are the best out there! I look forward to updates and future sceneries that I can add.
Thanks for your attention and help.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:51:11 pm by mbell »