Author Topic: buuildings not showing after update  (Read 15525 times)

Drumcode

Re: buuildings not showing after update
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »
Bizarre, I couldn't get it to work yesterday, it works all good this morning.

lizardmon

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »
Hey there I have the same problem of buildings not showing up after the update. I flew into O'hare just before Christmas after installing the update when I bought LAX. When I landed there were no buildings only the jetways. The next day I flew out of there and and when FSX loaded it loaded the section of the terminal right in from of me and all of the jetways but not the rest of the terminal. I checked and I have both of the utilities you mentioned in previous posts. I have a screen shot of the problem but I can't figure out how to upload it. I was also running several add ons including AES, Flytampa Midway, VOX ATC and Integrated Sim Avionics.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »
I just installed GFX and everything  was fine.  I have KORD and KLAS.  Today I fired it up and my buildings were missing again. The Couatl is missing from my menu.  When I had this trouble before, I fixed it following your advise.
When you say "uninstall the scenery", do you mean uninstall both KORD and KLAS from control panel and then reinstall them?
When I installed GSX yesterday, I had the Couatl engine in  my Addon menu.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »
There shouldn't be any need to uninstall the scenery, just install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the scenery, and if you have to reinstall the scenery for any reason, reinstall GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the scenery.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:44 pm »
I must of screwed up somewere.  I turned off my firewall and instructed it to allow Couatl.  Tried to install GSX again and kept getting error messages that it could not replace certain files.  Alut.dll is one of them, I don't remember the other ones.  I wound up uninstalling GSX, KORD and KLAS. Iwas asked if I wanted to uninstall Couatl and the Addon Manager and answered yes. I reinstalled them and fired up FSX, the new scenery files loaded but I got an error message that KLAS was outdated and I should install the stand alone Addon Manager.  I thought that Kord2.0 was updated with that.  Installed the Addon Manager and fired up FSX again.  Now I have the Couatl engine back in my Addon Manager and I have my buildings back.  But now I get the green text above my screen that it is loading GSX?  I had uninstalled it, how could it be loading?  Never the less I waited for it to do its thing and I pressed crtl+F12, pressed the gate I wanted an the I was presented with the option if I wanted a follow me truck or not.  No matter which option I pressed, the error message said GSX was shutting down and I should install the stand alone AddonManager.

Are you still with me?   Ireinstalled GSX but kept getting the error messages that it could not replace file so I chose to ignore.  Now I don't have Couatl nor my buildings.  I'm totaly lost now. What do you suggest I do?

Thanks,

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 10:22:06 pm »
I must of screwed up somewere.  I turned off my firewall and instructed it to allow Couatl.  Tried to install GSX again and kept getting error messages that it could not replace certain files.  Alut.dll is one of them

This because you launched the installer too quickly without allowing FSX to close properly. A Windows reboot followed by a reinstall of either GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will fix this.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 06:31:14 pm »
I redid it last night and got everything working.  every step you mentioned.  I fired it up today and guess what?  No Couatl and no buildings.  I checked my Norton, and it is allowing Couatl. Now what?

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 06:52:27 pm »
If the programs worked yesterday, and you haven't update them, it's fairly obvious it can't depend from them, they surely don't self-modify and they don't self-update if you don't launch the updater, and we surely haven't changed neither the Addon Manager.dll nor the Couatl.exe file, so even if you did launch the Live Update, it would have downloaded exactly the same version which was online yesterday.

So no, what you are describing can't happen, must be something external, most likely the antivirus, it wouldn't be the first time we heard of antivirus products so bugged, they even block programs that you explicitly allowed, without giving any notice.

I can only suggest to switch to a more reliable antivirus, like the free MS Security Essentials, which doesn't mistakenly detect our software as a threat to begin with, without requiring any configuration.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:57 am »
today it all came back.  I just rebooted my machine.  Molto buono.

Papagiorgio