Author Topic: buuildings not showing after update  (Read 15524 times)

Papagiorgio

buuildings not showing after update
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:29:31 pm »
Installed the update yesterday and everything was fiine.  Today I fired t up and no buildings or terminals, just the jetways.  Checked my settings and nothing has changed.  I closed FSX and started it up again still, no terminals.

FSX, Vista Home Premium, 32bits.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: buuildings not showing after update
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »
The usual question:

- Do you see the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl powered products menu under the Addons menu ?

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:19:28 pm »
Couatl is not under the addon menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »
It's likely you antivirus has mistakenly identified it as a threat, blocking it.

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:46:15 am »
That fixed it, THANKS:)

JerdooFlightX

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:50 pm »
It's likely you antivirus has mistakenly identified it as a threat, blocking it.

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the sceneries with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

Hi,

I got everything installed and see both the add on manager and couatl ...
No buildings though when using fsrecorder in playback ...

What to do ...

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Jeroen

http://www.youtube.com/user/JerdooFlightX

Core i7 2700K @ 4.3Ghz | Antec P280 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB | Corsair Cooling H100 | 16GB @ 1600MHZ | Ilyama 27" Full HD monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
I got everything installed and see both the add on manager and couatl ...No buildings though when using fsrecorder in playback ...

That's an entirely different issue, which doesn't have anything to do with the "no buildings" problem.

All our sceneries never show any buildings during instant replay, it was like this since years. It's nothing we can fix, it's just that the instant replay doesn't show objects created with Simconnect commands.

JerdooFlightX

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 09:05:52 pm »
uhm ... I have created a few video's using your product
... so I guess they do work using fsrecorder but when using chicago i only see the gates, no terminals
Jeroen

Core i7 2700K @ 4.3Ghz | Antec P280 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB | Corsair Cooling H100 | 16GB @ 1600MHZ | Ilyama 27" Full HD monitor.

JerdooFlightX

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:26:17 pm »
it's something else, when the plane nears the airport the buildings appear ... lol ...
Jeroen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 09:56:38 pm »
it's something else, when the plane nears the airport the buildings appear ... lol ...

It's possible you mistakenly activated the "XP compatibility mode" for FSX in Windows 7 ? If yes, turn it off, because it might create that problem.

Also, what zoom setting are you using ? Too wide, will make buildings disappear, because LOD levels are tied to the zoom setting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »
so I guess they do work using fsrecorder but when using chicago i only see the gates, no terminals

I was referring to the default FSX Instant Replay, that won't surely work.

It was common knowledge that FS Recorder didn't had this issue but, since it has been a while since I've tested it, and you said they didn't work in FS Recorder, I assumed something must have changed in the meantime.

JerdooFlightX

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I got it working ... i noticed that when i near the aiport that the buildings appear again, this will not be a problem for me because i can create a video this way. I noticed that when going away from the airport using EZDok that indeed things dissapear, this happens with a lot of scenery's which i guess is a common thing ...
Jeroen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 11:28:40 am »
I noticed that when going away from the airport using EZDok that indeed things dissapear, this happens with a lot of scenery's which i guess is a common thing

That's another entirely different thing, EZDok probably sets the eye position coordinates, instead of the airplane position coordinates, that the scenery compares against to set it's visibility ranges.

Drumcode

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 02:42:05 am »
I have the same problem, no buildings after activation, I see both items in the menu. Fresh OS, FSX install, ORD is the first scenery install since the PC reconfiguration.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 01:51:27 pm »
I have the same problem, no buildings after activation, I see both items in the menu. Fresh OS, FSX install, ORD is the first scenery install since the PC reconfiguration.

What do you mean with "same problem" ? The problem discussed here ended up with building missing when using a far away camera in the EZDok program, is this what you are referring to ?

If you have both Addon Manager+Couatl menus in FSX, and your scenery is the current version, it's just not possible you won't see its buildings. If you don't, it means something is not updated.