Author Topic: FS2004 & FSX on the same system  (Read 3299 times)

cloud9

FS2004 & FSX on the same system
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:32:16 am »
hello,

i started now to fill up my FSX with the same FSDT-sceneries as i have in FS2004. the sceneries are working well in FS2004, but in FSX i see the airports in addon-manager as registered, but they appaear like the have no registration without buildings.

can you plze help me? thanks a lot!
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS2004 & FSX on the same system
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »
Be sure you install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after all the sceneries, and check you have *both* the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the Addons menu in FSX.

cloud9

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:19 pm »
hello Umberto,

i downloaded the Addon Manager once again, installed it and it's displayed in the menus, but can't see something like "Couatl menus". where should they appaer exactly? is this installed with the scenery or with the Manager?
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:41:16 pm »
where should they appaer exactly? is this installed with the scenery or with the Manager?

As I've said:

under the Addons menu in FSX

In any case, the usual solution is always the same, as also was also explained in the same thread below this one:

- If you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Uninstall it.

- Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check FSX starts correctly, and you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

cloud9

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »
thank you Umberto,

the provided info

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

was the key, the file wasn't excluded in my antivirus-sw (bglmanx.dll was already excluded)!
pj
aka trippleseven

- World of AI -