Author Topic: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R  (Read 71901 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 08:59:31 pm »
I didn't see any prompt. Now I have two of KORD in Control Panel>Program and Features. One is dated today and the other March 2012.

I can only repeat and confirm that you would see a prompt to Uninstall O'Hare 1.X, if you try to install O'Hare 2.x on top of it, and if you don't do it, O'Hare 2.x won't install, there's no question about it.

HOWEVER, if you removed files from O'Hare 1.x manually, the 2.x installer can't obviously detect the 1.x installation, so it won't prompt you to uninstall it first, and you would have two O'Hare entries in the Control Panel. There's a reason why you should always use the proper uninstaller, and don't remove files manually.

Now, depending what you removed manually, this might be a problem or not, the safest solution to clean up all the mess would be (if you still have an O'Hare 1.x installer at hand) doing the following:

- Uninstall O'Hare 2.x
- Uninstall O'Hare 1.x (or the other copy, if you don't see a version name)
- Reinstall O'Hare 1.x
- Uninstall O'Hare 1.x
- Reinstall O'Hare 2.x, using the *current* installer

This is the safest way to clean up any problem eventually caused by manually removing files.

pcubine

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:05 am »
Don't assume what I might have done or what I might have seen. I did not change or delete any files in 1.x and I will repeat that the prompt to uninstall 1.x did not appear anywhere in the installer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:04:08 am by virtuali »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 09:03:50 am »
Don't assume what I might have done or what I might have seen. I did not change or delete any files in 1.x and I will repeat that the prompt to uninstall 1.x did not appear anywhere in the installer.

I haven't "assumed" anything, but based my reply on your report that you haven't been prompted to uninstall 1.x so, if I made an assumption, is that your report of not having being prompted to uninstall 1.x is accurate.

Since it's absolutely and totally certain the 2.x installer WILL prompt you to Uninstall 1.x first, otherwise it won't proceed, and you now have 2 O'Hare entries in the Control Panel, the only possible explanation left, is that files from the 1.x has been removed, because you haven't been prompted to remove the 1.x and you subsequently installed 2.x over it.

The 2.x installer will not check *every* single file from 1.x to decide if it's there or not. It will just check for the APPR_KORD.BGL file, to be present into the fsdreamteam\OhareX\scenery folder. If it's not there, it assumes you Uninstalled 1.x. So, it would be enough that you removed, moved or unintentionally lost that file, for the installer to assume you removed 1.x correctly. The installer correctly use that file for checking, because it's a file that was included in 1.x ONLY, but it's not supposed to be in 2.x, which means it's enough to identify an 1.x installation from a 2.x one.

Now, whether YOU removed (or MOVED) intentionally that file from 1.x, or you lost it for some reason, it's not really relevant, and won't change the fact that, the 2.x install WILL prompt you to remove 1.x, under NORMAL conditions and, under NORMAL condition, you won't have two entries for O'Hare, because the 2.x installer won't go ahead if you don't uninstall 1.x first.

You will of course have proof of this, if you just follow my previous instructions, and it will be obvious to you that, once you perform the "Reinstall O'Hare 2.x" step, after having installed 1.x, you WILL be prompted to remove it.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:07:51 am by virtuali »

Buddy1958

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 06:29:04 am »
Hey there everyone,

Any word on when an update will be done to show the actual & new runways 10L, 10C, 10R?

Sure would be nice to have a realistic, up-to-date KORD.

Thanks,

Eric Faber
FDC459
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:31:44 am by Buddy1958 »

BrianG

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:36 am »
Hi Umberto,
As well, as with  Micheal Cubine's post,  I didn't see a prompt to uninstall 1.x when I installed 2.x.  I now have two KORD's in my control panel. Looks as though 2.x is showing up in FSX as there's a 9L/27R. Also, the pauses are gone that I was experiencing with 1.x. And, I'm getting  much better performance now at KORD.  I read your instructions about installing and uninstalling 1.x and 2.x. I just assume leave things as they are as long as having 1.x installed doesn't affect 2.x in an adverse way. Please advise.
Thank you very much for your continued hard work in improving your products. It's much appreciated by everyone.

cheers,
Brian

cowings1588

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 08:22:51 am »
When will that new over haul ORD begin ?
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 11:36:10 am »

It has already begun. We don't have any release date, sorry. It's a total remake from scratch, though, not an update.

Mark_Fox

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 10:03:54 pm »
It has already begun. We don't have any release date, sorry. It's a total remake from scratch, though, not an update.

Thank you. I support your efforts to build a new version of KORD.

awdoman

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2017, 04:32:28 pm »
Just out of curiosity,  Is the new KORD going to be 64 bit for the new P3d that is in the works? Many scenery mfgs already have the new SDK for Lockheed Martin from what I have been reading.  However no tentative date for release has been issued.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 12:02:24 pm »
Just out of curiosity,  Is the new KORD going to be 64 bit for the new P3d that is in the works?

There's no such thing as a "64 bit scenery".

But, don't you think that, according to our proven track record of supporting each and every new version of P3D since 1.0, it would be odd that, a new major version came, and we wouldn't support it ?

Many scenery mfgs already have the new SDK for Lockheed Martin from what I have been reading.  However no tentative date for release has been issued.

If a scenery developer said in public they have such thing, it would in breach of the NDA agreement they must have with LM, in order to have access to it.

BuddyDog

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:29 pm »

Looking forward to your new O'Hare, Umberto!

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 05:20:28 am »

Wow whoooooooo! Can't waaaaaiitttttttt!! 👍👍✈️

tomwolf

Re: O'Hare Out of date
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2017, 04:31:39 am »
Would love to buy your product but it is too out of date.

Please see the current configuration at KORD

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1709/00166AD.PDF

Thanks,

Tom

sticky1202

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »
A complete remake is in the works as previously mentioned in this forum.

Jim

jay907uk

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 10:28:36 pm »
Hi,

The new version of Chicago your doing will this be just for P3Dv4 only? Or do you propose to do a version for FSX?

Thanks

Jason