Author Topic: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R  (Read 71914 times)

rsperge

Re: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 05:22:46 am »
just bought kord with the new patch vol 2.0 and it s great, dont forget I also have, JFK DFW  KFLL and they are all fantastic kkeep up the good work

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 07:28:46 pm »
Yes, we'll surely have another update, since the airport is still far from finished. For the next update we might consider giving it a "KDFW/KLAX"-style ground treatment, but in that case it's likely to be payware.

Umberto, any chance in the next update that the lights on the light poles at the terminals can be made to be turned on like they are in the DFW scenery? I just installed the 2.0 version and still have issues with the lights in the same manner like KFLL has where some of the lights on the poles dont all turn on as you get near them, or in some cases dont turn on at all. Last night I flew there and when I parked at the gate the lights came on at the terminal behind where I parked and 2 terminals over, but the where I parked only one of the lights came on and the rest of the poles never switched on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »
Umberto, any chance in the next update that the lights on the light poles at the terminals can be made to be turned on like they are in the DFW scenery?

The next update will probably be a total remade so, everything can be improved. In any case, lights weren't changed for the previous version, the update dealt mainly with new runways and taxiways.

KevinB

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:48 pm »
Are you guys going to finish the north control tower or will that be included in the payware update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »
Are you guys going to finish the north control tower or will that be included in the payware update?

Not sure yet, let's finish GSX, and Zurich updated first and start the new year with a bit less of work ahead.

theshack440

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »
Not sure yet, let's finish GSX, and Zurich updated first and start the new year with a bit less of work ahead.
The one thing I am confused about is, especially now since the KORD update was just the freeware one, will all of the to-be updated airports have updates like this? Freeware and then total redo (payware)? I am indifferent either way, just curious.

Thanks
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 11:07:08 pm »
The one thing I am confused about is, especially now since the KORD update was just the freeware one, will all of the to-be updated airports have updates like this? Freeware and then total redo (payware)? I am indifferent either way, just curious.

We'll decide on a case-by-case basis, depending how the original scenery could be improved and how much workload would require, it's not really something that can be made as a standard policy towards updates.

theshack440

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »
Ah ok that sounds good. Will there be any order (or schedule) to those releases or will they just come as ready?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

p3dx3

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 12:36:25 am »
Don't forget the taxiway updates. Taxiway N goes all the way parallel to rwy 28

Avion

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »
Does the O'Hare update provide full DirectX 10 compatibility? The FSDreamTeam version that I purchased some time ago (which may have been the updated version) did not render taxiway centerline lights correctly under DirectX 10, and I uninstalled it. Now that shaders fixes have been provided by Steve Parsons, there is little reason not to take advantage of running FSX with DirectX 10 enabled, and there is less reason for FSDreamTeam not to provide full DirectX 10 compatibility, since more FSX users are now running with DirectX 10 enabled. In fact, even if the O'Hare update did nothing to the centerline lights, does anyone know whether Steve Parsons' shaders fixes, alone, corrected the problem?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:46:12 pm by Avion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »
Now that shaders fixes have been provided by Steve Parsons, there is little reason not to take advantage of running FSX with DirectX 10 enabled, and there is less reason for FSDreamTeam not to provide full DirectX 10 compatibility

I thought the whole point of using the DX10 fixer, is to use sceneries that don't offer full DX10 compatibility "out of the box", like KORD. KDFW, KLAX, CYVR and JFK V2, which are the sceneries that we advertise DX10 compatibility, don't require the fixer, they already ran in DX10 before it was released.

In fact, the availability of the fixer could mean that it's probably less urgent to upgrade older sceneries, since they might be more usable now.

However, this doesn't mean in any way that we would not upgrade O'Hare and other non-DX10 compliant sceneries, this will surely come, but probably together with upgrades needed due to large airport changes.

eurowing

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 05:52:48 am »
is the KORD redo on the list for after Houston is released or is it on the back burner for the time being?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 11:00:39 am »
is the KORD redo on the list for after Houston is released or is it on the back burner for the time being?

As explained, many times already on the forum, every scenery will be eventually remade, but the first one will probably KLAS, because there's a new terminal, on top of the airport need a DX10 upgrade.

pikalaxalt

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 04:31:04 am »
I would hope that KORD is near the top of the priority list, seeing as a large number of changes to taxiway designations and runway configuration are underway and have been reflected in charts for some time.

pcubine

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »
installer will prompt you to remove the current version first.
Umberto

I didn't see any prompt. Now I have two of KORD in Control Panel>Program and Features. One is dated today and the other March 2012.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD