Author Topic: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R  (Read 71940 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2017, 11:40:30 am »
The new version of Chicago your doing will this be just for P3Dv4 only? Or do you propose to do a version for FSX?

Yes, as we announced a while back ago, our last scenery for FSX will be KSDF, but after that one, we are going to use new native P3DV4 methods that requires a completely different approach, starting from the initial design, which would allow way better visual quality with no effect on performances, which is just not possible with FSX.

jay907uk

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »
So FSX users will just have to use the previous version? Can I ask why you are not going to do anything for P3Dv3? I appreciate all the different technologies within P3Dv4.

Thanks

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 07:30:51 pm »
So FSX users will just have to use the previous version?

I afraid that's it.

Can I ask why you are not going to do anything for P3Dv3? I appreciate all the different technologies within P3Dv4.

- P3DV3 is still 32 bit, so it still has almost the same issues as FSX and, it's safe to assume that, if an user already have P3D V3, it will surely switch to V4.

- P3DV3 doesn't have some of these new features that might dramatically improve both quality and ease of development that V4 has.

Andys

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2017, 01:52:10 am »
Hi.

When can We expect new version KORD scenery for P3D platform? New I mean, new ground sign, layers taxiways and runways

Best regards
Andy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
New I mean, new ground sign, layers taxiways and runways

There will be no such thing. We are not planning for a minor update just to update signs, taxiways and runways.

We are redoing the scenery from scratch, because it's really showing its age now (it was released in 2008), and it would be wrong trying to patch it again, since we already did such update in 2011, when they added runway 9L/27R, which is the current version.

This means, it will take just like any other new scenery we made in the last years, from 18 to 24 months. Some work as already started on it, but I don't anticipate to be ready this year.

Jeff Turner

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
Note to self - Read the forum before you buy... Just downloaded and purchased the P3D version (I run v4) and went to fly out of KORD and 27L is showing as 27.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:54 am »
Note to self - Read the forum before you buy...

Downloading and installing the Trial version BEFORE purchasing it, which is what you are supposed to do with a product that is advertised as being sold as a Try-before-buy method, is probably easier and better than searching the forum.

Also, because you might even decide that, even if it's outdated, the scenery looks better than the default one, and is at least a bit more updated (it includes 9L/27R the default lacks).