Author Topic: GSX: request for remote (networked) menu option ...  (Read 20918 times)

mroschk

Re: GSX: request for remote (networked) menu option ...
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »
for external users and Programms like i develop and also use, it is very much more easy to communicate with FSUIPC.
This Thing is great

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »
for external users and Programms like i develop and also use, it is very much more easy to communicate with FSUIPC.

Again, if we ever do something like that, it will use the official Simconnect API, which includes everything needed to allow client-server (local and networked) communications between addons.

mafeist@hispeed.ch

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »
Hi Everybody in that chat:

I`m using also a real cockpitframe with a 3 Beamer visual arround and it would be great to steer or trigger the GSX from the cockpit with knobs and switches which are available.
GSX is not useful to open windows on that big picture in front.

Maybe as an advanced network version which will cost an add. subscription fee, etc.

regards
Martin

Beaufort

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »

- Do you think GSX is 100% COMPLETE right now, and it doesn't need ANYTHING else, EXCEPT for a remote control option ?

If you can reply YES to this question, then it might make some sense discussing on a remote control option. But until then...we'll work on the rest, first.

For my needs definitively "YES", my setup is similar to MartinĀ“s, GSX is a nearly perfect tool, a remote controle from a network PC would be the most worthful additional feature for GSX, and sure I would pay a reasonable price for that tool. It is not only the beauty of a 220-degree-curved-screen environment disturbed by the popping up window, the mousecklick into the FS-Window needed to get FS back into focus often has the consequence one of the 3 windows (you cannot have a 220 degree view with only one window) is moved, which leads to doubled pictures in the overlap region.
I would highly appreciate a remote solution for GSX.

A320-Daniel

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 08:49:31 am »
I also fully agree. I have a 240 degree visual on my A320 simulator running with P3D with 3 views on one PC and 3 projectors connected to them. So you are sitting in a full size physical A320 cockpit and looking out of real windows on a curved screen which projects the outside world without any panel of course.
GSX is a perfect tool from what I have seen so far but menues showing up on the projection screen is simply no go when using it in a simulator environment.
PLEASE, PLEASE make a tool which allows to control GSX from an external computer in that way that you "redirect" the Simconnect menues via network to a remote program instead of showing them in FSX/P3D. From that remote computer you can the press 0 to 9 to control the menues and the remote program sends them back to GSX inside P3D. I would also be willing to pay an additional fee.

Many thanks for considering this.
Daniel

jonas.bodell

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:35 pm »
I also fully agree. I have a 240 degree visual on my A320 simulator running with P3D with 3 views on one PC and 3 projectors connected to them. So you are sitting in a full size physical A320 cockpit and looking out of real windows on a curved screen which projects the outside world without any panel of course.
GSX is a perfect tool from what I have seen so far but menues showing up on the projection screen is simply no go when using it in a simulator environment.
PLEASE, PLEASE make a tool which allows to control GSX from an external computer in that way that you "redirect" the Simconnect menues via network to a remote program instead of showing them in FSX/P3D. From that remote computer you can the press 0 to 9 to control the menues and the remote program sends them back to GSX inside P3D. I would also be willing to pay an additional fee.

Many thanks for considering this.
Daniel

+1

Waiting for this to use with our 737-simulator.

http://www.swesim.se/simulatorer/boeing737

michael1508

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 09:52:31 am »
+1

With my new 3 Projector home Cockpit it is a pain to use the dialogue window, covering the outside view.
So I deinstalled it.

Hopefully Network capability will come in the future / but this discussion is as old as from 2012.... :-(

ElephantAir737

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 08:17:22 pm »
Considering how long the question of making GSX to work better in full cockpit simulators is discussed here, it will probably never be done.

So I just decided to resolve it by brute force.  

Like others that posted here, I have full  Boeing 737 cockpit.

In addition to 3 projectors there is  the 24"  monitor where I have P3D window with "Panel Display Only" option set.  
P3D menu and GSX menu show up there and not on the projectors' views.
In my cockpit I also have two tablets - on CPT and FO sides.

So what I did - I installed web camera (Logitech C920) in front of the monitor. The camera is connected directly to FO 10" tablet.
This way the GSX menu is visible in the tablet screen and I am able to see and operate it from Captain's seat.

I call it "stupid GSX trick".  

I tried Air Display and some other wireless solutions, however found the impact on main PC performance not acceptable so far.

http://elephantair737.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:51:46 pm by ElephantAir737 »

Simjockey

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 07:43:54 pm »
Very clever.  Beautiful set-up.  Love the cockpit and visuals!
 ;D

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:17 pm »
Another +1 for raising the priority of network control.
I believe many people are using external views with hardware now.
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

mikealpha

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 01:46:19 pm »
Just one more +1. A320 homecockpit  :)

Mike